What would you do if you are burned out?

Fiona Chin
14 replies
I must admit that when there is a backlog of work, I become burned out and can't get started. What would you do to refocus your attention on your work if you were burned out? Or do you simply let it go to have a rest?

Replies

Chris Sarca
Do what you like, for me, it's playing video games and drawing comics. Once you get bored of that, get started with your work. Everyone needs a break to focus on other things and relax, don't push yourself to that point you're getting burnt out, because you will start to hate your job.
Fiona Chin
@chris_sarca Exactly. It will be horrible if one starts to hate their job. A stable mindset is also quite important.
When I feel burned out, I turn to yoga, catch up on sleep, chill out, and play some video games. It's my way to recharge and clear my head completely.
Carl Brook
grab a coffee, then good to go! 😁
Penny Hartley
Do something unusual to draw you out of your comfort zone, a new experience will reignite the fire. You are probably just caught up in a routine and you need a hard reset.
Fiona Chin
@tr1p3 Great suggestion! Trying something new and going out of your comfort zone could be hard, but it's worth a try.
Yasmin Atkinson
If you're feeling burned out, the first thing you need to do is take a break. Give yourself permission to step away from your work and recharge. This could mean taking a vacation, going for a walk in nature, or simply spending time with loved ones. The key is to disconnect from your usual routine and find activities that bring you joy and relaxation.
Thomas Kelly
If I were burned out, I would take some time for myself to relax and recharge. I would also talk to my supervisor about my concerns and see if there are any changes that can be made to my work environment.
JD
If I were burned out, I would take a break from work to recharge and reset. I would also try to identify what is causing me to feel burned out and make changes to address those factors.
JD
If I were burned out, I would take a break from work to recharge. I would also try to identify what was causing me to feel burned out and make changes to address those factors. I would also prioritize self-care activities like reading, exercising, or creative pursuits.