What makes a company an AI company?

Melih Özkalay
10 replies
In the current landscape, many companies claim to be AI-driven, raising the question of whether simply integrating an LLM API is sufficient to genuinely classify a company as an AI company.

Replies

Rahul Kahani
A lot are playing fast & loose with using “Ai Company”. If you’re using it for marketing purposes for your user, it’s fine. If it’s investors, might want to get specific about what type of AI Company. There’s got to be examples of “tiered” ai company categories. From a longer view of it all, every company is going to be an Ai company. Just like every company is an internet/media company. You get the point.
@rahulkahani so we can say this is the new age of technology and we cannot avoid being an AI Company :)
AI is buzzword now, general public don’t know any better. They think of AI as a magical cure as a supercomputer.. yes totally understand the legitimacy of AI, but doesn’t it all depend on how it’s trained? For example, a doctor can’t train you to be a good lawyer.. you need a very specific expert in the field in order to fully train an AI system. There maybe some expert AI developers/scientists but are they experts in the very problem they are trying to solve and the field in which the AI is expected to to be knowledgeable? Just my 2 cents worth, and I’m not an expert.
Yokiiiii
@slimmy82 I agree. Most people often see AI as a magical solution without understanding the complexities of how it works.
Henry Habib
An AI company is like an engine, AI should deeply power the core, not just coat the surface.
@henry_habib We should centralize the AI so I understand there will be no company that does not use AI.
Liam Willsom
Integrating a Large Language Model (LLM) API alone does not necessarily qualify a company as an AI-driven company. True AI integration often involves a more comprehensive adoption of AI technologies and methodologies across various aspects of the company's operations, decision-making, and product or service development.
Sarah Playford
A company is considered an AI company if a significant part of its core business involves the development, deployment, or integration of artificial intelligence technologies and solutions.