What is your favorite tool for personal knowledge management?

Stain Lu
26 replies
I am using Obsidian, a great product but somehow cannot fully meet my needs in retrieval, any suggestions?

Replies

Shreya Gupta
Will try this one ☝️ use notes mostly
khansaru
Evernote,Notion
Gurkaran Singh
Have you tried experimenting with different tools like Roam Research or Notion to see if they better suit your retrieval needs? It's always fun to explore new options and find the perfect match for personal knowledge management! 🧠💻 #ProductivityHacks
Hjalte Niehorster
Big Notion fan here…. Still feel I’m only using 15% of its capabilities only.
Gordana Laskovic
➡️ Collabwriting ➡️ Notion
Justine Che Romero
Fellow obsidian user. Yep search needs some work but I'm satisfied overall :D
Massimo Chieruzzi
Notion for sure. I think there are a lot of valid alternatives, from Evernote to Obsidian, etc. It's just a tool... spend less time picking the tool and more time building a solid second brain habit. Consistency is what's gonna make a difference.
Mohan N
obsidian - big fan transformed my life
Mohan N
@stain For years i would spend more time organising files in folders or shifting tasks from one list to another - and then this breaks down as you get tired or out of sync doing this.I would spend hours reclassifying or re imagining my tags and folder structure and even more just re- arranging it as pr my new brain wave of what the structure should be - now i just use properties and write queries 1. find everything in under 15 seconds without any folder system- linking the notes map of contents - the biggest aha moment ! 2. Dont put tasks in seperate list - put it in any note in the context - but bring it all together in your daily note - (dataview and tasks) - never have rewrite a task - its there everyday -finally a modern way to use GTD 3. pasting gmail url - link to your email in a list ( nothing new ) - but now i rarely use even gmail search function - i use moc - get to the note and use the link - get to the email faster
Mohan N
@stain i am a middle aged dude ( 44 yrs ) if there is one thing life has forced me to come to terms with ( omg i already sound like an old dude with the pedantic tone) its that any change has to be in small pieces - thus far is good - a little more mebbe later - cant take so much change at once