What is the one thing that you regret doing in the initial time of your Startup?

Harsh Maheshwari
35 replies
For me it was - I started my SEO and Content marketing pretty late Also I had this notion that you can't market the product till the time its not fully developed.

Replies

André J
Launching soon!
Not doing enough exploration, experimentation, thinking, research, talking to experts. Delayed some things, but not too bad. Next time I will do more of that.
Mehdad Hossain
One common mistake is delaying your launch till everything is perfect! Startup launches are never perfect. We often forget that and so did I with my edtech startup!
Harsh Maheshwari
@mehdad_hossain Tbh I did the same, it's never ever going to be perfect and we as a founder sometimes need to understand that its better to swim rather than just waiting on shore and thinking about swimming
Noshad
Mixing problem area with solution area again and again. Understanding your problem is of utmost important. The majority of our time, even in the personal life, we're focusing on the wrong thing, meaning we've understood the problem wrong.
Harsh Maheshwari
@mnb3 110% If you understand the problem and ask the right questions then you can solve anything in your life. Someone once told me that Harsh you still need to be very precise and clear with your problem statement to find the best possible solution for that user set.
Sean P.
I would say to start with a Mobile app. The time to market impact too much due to the App Store rejection. If you would like to launch fast, go with Responsive web. You can always go Mobile later.
Harsh Maheshwari
@seanp_ai At times those rejections suck it's a lengthy process of 3 weeks to 2 months. The first and foremost thing I learned as a founder is to keep your time to market as little as possible.
Olena Bomko
I work with a lot of startup founders. They all regret doing ads without a clear website, social proof (testimonials and case studies), and good messaging/copywriting (you can check it with organic Twitter/LinkedIn).
Harsh Maheshwari
@olenabomko In my initial career I was a performance marketer and I faced the same issues that you listed, people just want to do some magic math and expect results. They don't want to work on core basic problems.
sumit sharma
I did 60% of the execution work in the last qaurter of the time. exactly opposite of what should be done. Do the 60 % of the work in the first quarter
Harsh Maheshwari
@sumit_sharma29 my recent co-founder always pushes me on this one only. He says that execution is the key and don't procrastinate and think that this is a low-impact task or high-impact task just do it.
Frank Sondors
not launching it sooner!
Mia Roberts
Not a startup founder, but seen a bunch of launches on ProductHunt. One big mistake? Scaling too fast without validating product-market fit.
Harsh Maheshwari
@mia_roberts22 IMO once you start scaling in terms of user base you get to learn about your users and what they expect from your product. Obviously, I too don't support calling too fast with paid methods without product-market fit.
One of the most common regrets I hear from fellow startup founders is not utilizing the right tools and resources from the get-go. It's easy to underestimate the power of productivity, SEO, writing, and social media in those early stages. Personally, I wish I had a platform like AiToolsKit.ai back then, which seamlessly combines all these essential elements in one place. AiToolsKit.ai is truly a game-changer for startups. It offers a comprehensive suite of tools that can help you streamline your workflow, enhance your website's SEO, create engaging content, and effectively manage your social media and marketing efforts. Imagine having the ability to optimize your website's search engine visibility, craft compelling blog posts, and schedule social media posts all from a single platform. AiToolsKit.ai takes the complexity out of these tasks and allows you to focus more on your core business strategies. It's a valuable resource that can prevent the regrets many of us have when we look back on our startup journeys. PH Link: https://rebrand.ly/ccbaef
Ahmed Yassin
Common mistakes include: Not building a personal brand. Failing to spy on your audience. Not understanding the market. Creating a product solely based on personal preferences.
OVERTHINKING! I believe that's one regret I have had in my past experiences, in early stages of your startup no one should overthink anything , Just let the user find its way
Nick Anisimov
I closed my first business (profitable) because I lost interest. Later, I discovered that there are people selling such businesses for large sums of money. 😅 I was about 23 years old.
Neel Patel
@nickanisimov from where can you produce cool profile pictures like yours?
Qaiyyum Hakimi
Being too perfectionistic which resulted in a delayed launch
Prem Saini
One common regret in the early stages of a startup is not focusing enough on market research and understanding customer needs. It's crucial to validate your idea before diving in headfirst.