What don't you like about working from home?

Marvin Mändle
14 replies
One of the things I really don't like about working from home is that I have to cook for myself. What about you?

Replies

Maria H
Usually feel the lack of time to cook meals.
Marvin Mändle
@mariahhunter cooking takes time. For my luck, I am a bad cook and all my dishes are simple and fast. (shame on me, my mum is a cook and I never tried to learn )
Igor Lysenko
I think that sometimes the mood for work is not the same as in the office, but this is a psychological plan and you can work anywhere.
Marvin Mändle
@ixord I agree with you. I usually drive in the office once a week to get energy from the team. For myself there are so many huge advantages of remote work. Like u say, if you just need your notebook, you can work everywhere with the right mindset and setup.
Aniket Singh
Everyone thinks that I m unemployed 😂
Marvin Mändle
@aniketsingh98571 that's so true. Always thought about what my neighbours are thinking, when I always walk around with my crocs and sport pants.
Roland Marlow
I use to love it but now that people are here, it's quite distracting. And since I don't have my own room as an office, I get distracted all the time.
Marvin Mändle
@rmarlow distraction is a big thing in the remote environment. I always use my noise cancelling headphones to focus. Bose are the best for myself, give it a try
Mohammed Kheezar Hayat
Am I allowed to say I miss the commute? Have always been lucky enough to have sub 30 minute commutes (50 if i was walking) and they were great for getting in the zone when going in and clearing one's head when going home.
Marvin Mändle
@zaryat I never thought about that from your perspective. For me personally to commute is more stress than clearing my head (with the car). I would prefer a walk, so when I could walk to my office I would totally agree with you. Walks are so important to get the head free and getting new ideas.
Mohammed Kheezar Hayat
@marvin_maendle Yup. I should have mentioned I have never commuted by car. It's always been public transport, walking or cycling.