What attracts you to the taglines and descriptions of the products on the Product Hunt?

Elif Duran
9 replies
As you are aware, the tagline and description are two of the most carefully considered aspects of the launch preparation process. I know that, as a team, we set aside days to brainstorm. So, how are the taglines and descriptions that make you stop and stare? How do you think an interesting tagline and description should be written?

Replies

Olga Pavlova
Mostly, I pay attention on taglines only. Two main points: 1. No AI. Just no, thank you. The reason: AI is a wonderful toy for me, don't spoil it with your ready-to-use solutions :) 2. Strikes into my current problems. At least, gives me some hope to sort them out.
Igor Pavlov
Both taglines and descriptions are OK if they are straight to the point with no bs.
Felix
For me it's mostly, when they tackle one of my current problems. But I'm not interested in products, when the tag-line sounds too good to be true. How about you?
Hashir Ahmed
I'm drawn to taglines that are catchy and memorable, and descriptions that clearly explain what the product does and how it can benefit me.
Vijayanand Kailash
Elevator pitch: 3-5 words that explain a) who the product is for, b) what it solves
Harper
Tagline - A short catch description of the product. It's best to avoid catchphrases or slogans. The idea is to quickly tell users what the product is and what it does. Description - This is where you can give a more in-depth explanation of what the product is and/or what it does within 260 characters.
Richard Gao
It's moreso the images that attract me But usually something AI related
Joseph Roberts
Something short and offers immediate solutions and/or readily apparent features.
Igor Lysenko
Hello! For me, the keyword that describes the product attracts the most attention. If I hear the name of a product without keywords, which roughly means what kind of program. My engagement percentage drops by 60%