Recommendations for finding first PM project for experience

priyamvada bhardwaj
3 replies
I am currently working as a Risk Manager in Big Tech and I am looking for transition to Product Management. I would like to volunteer for PM projects to gain experience. Please share your recommendations on how can I get started.

Replies

Florian Myter
I think honesty always prevails in everything. So I would 1) make your intentions clear to your team 2) offer your assistance with the PM team to help them (possibly outside your regular working hours): conducting user interviews, analysing recordings, that sort of stuff
Gurkaran Singh
Hey there! Transitioning from Risk Manager to Product Management is an exciting move! To find your first PM project for experience, consider networking with PM professionals, exploring freelance platforms for opportunities, or even shadowing a PM to learn the ropes. Best of luck diving into this new adventure!
Charles Mertin
Consider reaching out to startups or non-profit organizations seeking PM assistance. Joining online communities like product management forums or discord font LinkedIn groups can also offer networking opportunities. Additionally, offering your skills pro bono on platforms like Catchafire could help you gain valuable experience.