PH: work or free time?

Domas Sakavickas
18 replies
Do you consider PH as a part of your work or do you do that in your free time? I understand that it's important to connect with people here but sometimes I find many reasons to work on my other tasks rather than post here :) Maybe you have some tips to share on how you manage that?

Replies

Hitesh Suthar
For me, It's a free time activity. Only using to get updated.
Salar Davari
I consider it as a part of my work but I do it in my free time as well.
Tyler Barber
Both. If I'm working on my startup, it I consider it work. If I'm just shooting the breeze, then it's my free time.
Aron Steehouwer
I come up with interesting ideas for posts while being busy with other things and note them down. This way it takes a little time to posts on all socials since i only need to 'fine-tune' the content. Additionaly, working on your own startup feels different than a 9-5 IMO
Domas Sakavickas
@faindrr yes, that's a great idea. I spend so much time when I open socials and start to think about what should I write
Kabir
Part of my B2C go-to-market strategy for upcoming B2C product - ShowNotes. But honestly, I enjoy responding to discussions like this with other founders. I use X spaces heavily to speak to founders and like-minded individuals with projects, ideas, and challenges, and now PH has augmented some of my X spaces time as I find the discussions here more aligned with what I am trying to learn about B2C space. PS: I come from B2B enterprise solutions space so this is all new to me.
Domas Sakavickas
@shownotes I don't mind having a chat with other founders either, but the bad side of it is that it takes so much time as you constantly need to respond and be involved in conversations
Satish Vadivelu
I think PH is a mix of work and free time. I recently registered. It's been awesome connecting with the community, keeping up with new products that could help me and everyone I know.
Elena Tsemirava
First of all it's my work.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
It's both, I use PH during working hours and in my free time
Domas Sakavickas
@viola_s I can see that you are active in the community. How do you manage your time here? When I try to be a bit more active than usual, I can feel how my other tasks are affected
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@sakozzy With our upcoming launch, I'm more active than usual. I also really enjoy working here. So I'm incorporating PH work into my daily life. I can't give you a perfect tip, but I want to encourage you to do what feels right for you :)
Amelia Charlie
For me its a free time fun
Nikita Jain
For me its free work
Jesse T. Glover
Its a free time fun
Teekaram
For me its a working place
Milli Sen
Free time