iOS or Android?

Mayank K Sahu
16 replies
iOS or Android: Which platform do you prefer for app development, considering factors like user base, monetization options, and development complexity?

Replies

Hossein Yazdi
I prefer Android as that's the platform I know how to code for!
Abdullah Al Afique
Team green, always.
Marvin Mändle
iOS. It's so much easier to handle. Best example is my mom. She always struggled with Android. iOS is so much more intuitive in my opinion.
Mayank K Sahu
@marvin_maendle Totally get you! iOS tends to be smoother to handle, right? Even my mom and dad finds it simpler than Android. Its intuitive design just clicks with a lot of folks.
Joep van den Bogaert
iOS is said to be better for monetization. I would always use react native to build for both at the same time. Even gives you a lot of overlap with web, so you never implement the same functionality from scratch more than once.
Gregory Karfo
I've always leaned towards iOS for app development, primarily because of its user base and monetization prospects. Despite Android's larger global market share, iOS users tend to be more willing to pay for apps and in-app purchases, which can make a big difference in revenue for developers. Plus, the relatively homogeneous device ecosystem of iOS means less fragmentation, making it easier to design, test, and optimize apps. That said, the choice really depends on the app's target audience and business model. For a broad, global reach, especially in emerging markets, Android can't be beaten. But for premium services with a focus on maximized revenue per user, iOS often takes the lead.
Gurkaran Singh
Personally, I've danced with both iOS and Android. While iOS has that sleek appeal and monetization options, Android's wide user base and development flexibility keep things interesting. It's like choosing between chai and coffee - both have their charm!