First time launching in Product Hunt

Zac Sheffer
18 replies
Hi Product Hunt! I am super excited to be on PH for my first launch and the first launch for Vendr. It has been a lot of fun and sleep sacrifices. One thing I am curious about is what stuff we could do differently in the future. The value prop for Vendr Bids is more focused on businesses vs individual stakeholders, because we help people to buy and sell software, which are typically done via contracts. The value prop has worked well for our existing users - no one likes talking to sales, people want a price without being hassled forever. Vendr Bids let's you get a number with like 2m of work, saving you tons of back-and-forth. So, coming back to the question, what's the best way for us to push content like this with this audience on PH to best user the service? here's the link https://www.producthunt.com/post... Thanks!

Replies

Shreya Gupta
Best wishes 🤞
Zac Sheffer
@shreya_gupta02 Thanks! Let us know if you have any ideas for changes for future posts. Love the idea of using PH for our PLG targets but ensuring we are using it as effectively as possible is something I'm still nervous about.
Brian Salts-Halcomb
+1 to @zsheffer question. (I'm a member of his team). Related, we know not everyone on PH is a purchaser of SaaS. How do other makers think about relating to non-users of your product on this site? Any cool experiments with partnerships, share/referral CTAs?? Love the energy a launch here brings!
Zac Sheffer
@mario_sorgente thanks! This first one is coming along well but trying to already plan our next launch this year. Putting together our own playbook with other materials and what we learned with this one for next time. If you have any ideas for how to improve, please let us know.
Tanya Sharath
Congratulations on your first Product Hunt launch with Vendr Bids! To optimize your content for the Product Hunt audience, focus on highlighting the time-saving aspect and efficiency of Vendr Bids in the software buying and selling process. Emphasize the value proposition that resonates with businesses and the avoidance of lengthy sales interactions. Include engaging visuals and clear, concise messaging on how your product solves a real pain point for users. Good luck with your launch! 🚀
Zac Sheffer
@tanya_sharath that's helpful commentary. We tried to do that with the images and initial comment. It seemed to work pretty well as we had good engagement with users. I was writing up some notes for our org today and one thing I left a question mark was if the typical user for PH is aligned enough with our ICP. It's helpful to get eyeballs and impressions and some percent of PH will convert to active and engaged users but is the "juice worth the squeeze"? Curious if you have any thoughts on that? I just haven't seen too many B2B offerings go super well on PH. Much of the B2B are more B2C and have a super compelling individual user hook.
Neha
Supported Zac,congrts on the launch.
Kajal d4
Supported! we are launching today
Zac Sheffer
@mariahhunter Thanks! Appreciate the support. If you have any questions on the Vendr Bids or the offering, please let us know. Any feedback is helpful for us!
Paulina Hryniewicz
Hey! Looks like we're in the same boat with Survicate being a B2B product. Curious to see how our launches unfold! Would love to exchange notes on what worked and what didn't once the launch day dust settles. :)
Zac Sheffer
@paulinahryniewicz Happy to pass along any of our notes! We were using https://productwars2.akkio.com/?... to monitor the status all day and can totally see when we were doing stuff how it impacted the numbers. I think for us, we did a good job getting our org onto the product early with votes + comments, which helped keep us in the top 5 the whole morning. We also had a CTA on our website. We should have done a better job of newslettering existing users and probably even more CTAs on our main website to drive traffic.
Paulina Hryniewicz
@zsheffer Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that product wars tool! :) We still have 16 hours to go! 🥵 Fingers crossed. I'll definitely share what worked/or didn't for us tomorrow!
Zac Sheffer
@paulinahryniewicz Yeah, product wars is amazing. Our whole team had it open the whole day. Kind of addictive... lol Good luck with your launch. I posted it over to my team and tagged @brian_salts_halcomb our UXR. I feel like this is right up his alley!