Can you share a failure story and the lessons learned from it?

Qudsia Ali
12 replies
We all have moments where things don't go as planned. Failure is an integral part of our journey towards success, teaching us valuable lessons along the way. Let's share failure you've experienced and the lessons learned from it. Whether it's a professional setback, a personal challenge, or a missed opportunity, sharing these stories can inspire and empower others. Remember, failure isn't the end of the road; it's a stepping stone to growth and improvement. So let's embrace our failures, learn from them, and keep moving forward together. Share your story and the lessons it taught you in the comments below.

Replies

Atticus Li
I am not sure what the lesson is yet, but our launch on PH today was pretty rocky. I think I have aged at least 5 years from this experience lol
Zane Maum
@atticusli What is name of your product?
Kamea Leach
@atticusli @zane_maum Thank you so much! It has been quite the ride but I am grateful for the stories we will have to tell!
Massimo Chieruzzi
Not really a failure story but when we were building AdEspresso and fundraising, we received an endless stream of NOs from investors. That terrified me at the beginning and for a long time held me back from reaching out to investors, accelerators, etc. In the end I discovered it doesn't matter how many NOs you receive. You just need one YES every now and then to change your life.
Sebastian Karges
@massimocw So true, NOs are scary but once you realize it's all a numbers game and every NO brings you closer to a YES it starts to go uphill :)
Terrence Kelleman
So funny, I was just going to start a discussion called "Success teaches you nothing" and saw yours. My company was a 3x Inc's Fastest growing until one day it wasn't; factory disappeared in China, wife left me to become a full-time single Dad, Dad got throat cancer, Mom got a Staph infection, Grandma who raised me died and our apartment had a gas leak and we had to evacuate = All happened in 3 months. Then there were more challenges and eventually I was renting my bedroom to be able to afford our apartment while finding myself $1M in debt. Now some 7 years later my life has changed entirely, I saved my business, my Dad beat cancer, I paid off my debt and I'm finally in a position to get building again. What felt like hell at times was actually the best thing for me. It forced me to confront a lot of fears, inner dialogues and challenge my assumptions in a fundamental way. Today I'm so much stronger as a result and I can't wait to climb my next mountain, wiser, stronger and more grounded. One thing that kept me active in a state of optimism was a Street Art Project I did posting inspirational quotes around NYC for 5 years. You can check that out here; www.bemightyproject.com
Catherine Madden
8 years in and we fail in ways every day. Embrase the failure, understand how to pivot fast and see through the noise for what sticks
Gurkaran Singh
Absolutely! Failure is just a pit stop on the road to success, albeit a frustrating one at times. Here's my tale of woe: A while back, I built a fancy custom algorithm for a client, thinking I was on top of the world with my coding skills. But guess what? The algorithm completely flopped when put to the test in real-world scenarios. Lesson learned? Always test, test, and test some more before proudly presenting your work! Remember, every failure is just a plot twist in your success story waiting to happen. Embrace the blunders, learn from them, and let's keep pushing forward together. Can't wait to hear your stories too!
Nemanja Nikolic
We have got our first investment opportunity after one year of hard work. And instead of accepting it we break apart because cofounders didn't want to go to Prague for three months...
Ashley from Shadow
I was recently told that if an opportunity you worked hard for doesn’t come to you then that in itself is a celebration of humility and if you do get it than it’s a celebration of your hard work