Are Chat GPT Wrappers a long-term play?

Sean Ward
2 replies
Obviously we're all familiar with "Chat GPT Wrapper" softwares and webapps. In the short run they can definitely be of value by extending the features of AI into a niche problem/solution. BUT, I think it's obvious that any AI software product/mechanism that is worth anything is going to eventually be swept up by all of the industry giants. For example, right when Chat GPT opened up, everyone was trying to create AI chatbots, selling them for literally $1,000s. Now Hubspot and Intercom have caught up and implemented the same functionality (if not better), and it costs $30/mo - putting jsut about any AI chatbot saas out of biz. Is the same thing going to happen to the AI saas/tools across other industries and niches as well? If so, is it even worth it to build an AI Saas (obviously there are exceptions if you're trying to *ACTUALLY* build something new) that is just gonna get pushed outta the market by bigger players with better technology and more money? Could the play potentially be to build something with the intent to sell it quickly to one of these guys before they eat you up later? With that said, im steering clear of the AI space at the moment. Im building Pluq.io which is based on a browser extension, of which I like my long term chances much more - as the moat to getting into building chrome extensions is much greater and isnt plastered all across social media

Replies

Ruben Boonzaaijer
I don't think a wrapper with the aim to be a chatgpt replacement will be a thing, but I do think a chatgpt wrapper as an extra to an existing software is really useful
Of course! Chat GPT Wrappers are comparable to an AI conversation toolkit on a Swiss Army knife basis. They are adaptive, flexible, and able to change with the latest developments in technology.