Hosting an AMA on Product Hunt is a powerful way to reach a global audience of makers, marketers, founders, product people, and tech enthusiasts to establish yourself as an authority in your field.
Interested in new ways to engage potential users, testers, or investors?
Hosting an "ask me anything" (AMA) on Product Hunt is a powerful way to reach a global audience of makers, marketers, founders, product people, and tech enthusiasts to establish yourself as an authority in your field.
Having hosted hundreds of these over the years, we’ve collected our top tips for maximizing this opportunity to connect with an engaged community, build your brand, and gain exposure in the tech space.
How does hosting an AMA on Product Hunt work?
- You post a discussion inviting people to ask you questions
- People ask you questions
- You respond to their questions in the comments
Why you should consider hosting an AMA on Product Hunt:
- I bet you’re interesting.
- It’s a great way to introduce yourself to the Product Hunt community and showcase your past experiences (you don’t have to be a CEO or founder to be interesting!).
- If you're building in public, it's a great way to give back to the community by sharing what you've learned.
- You’re looking to build your following and influence in the tech community.
- You’re launching soon and want to shamelessly plug your launch.
- You launched recently and want to shamelessly plug your product.
An AMA template for makers, founders, marketers, and tech enthusiasts
- I’m [name], maker of [product name] / [role] at [company] / [interesting fact about you]. Ask me anything!
Paragraph 1: Introduce yourself
- What are you working on or what do you care about?
- What brings you to Product Hunt if you’re new here?
Paragraph 2: Open the door for conversation
- What’s interesting about you that people may want to know more about?
- Do you have an upcoming or a past project you can share a few details on?
Paragraph 3: Invite users to ask you anything, or specify what you will answer questions about
- “All questions are fair game… fire away!”
- “I’ll respond to all questions over the course of the next 24 hours”
- “You got questions? I got answers.”
- “I’m here to answer all your questions on [xyz].”
Examples of past Product Hunt AMAs
Hosting an AMA on Product Hunt is a great way to learn from a constructive community and showcase your expertise.
By providing valuable insights and engaging in genuine conversations with the Product Hunt community, you can build a loyal following and establish yourself as a thought leader in your field. Moreover, Product Hunt's large and active community makes it a great platform for gaining exposure and promoting your brand.
With the AMA tips and template above, you too can host a successful session and reap the benefits of connecting with the Product Hunt audience.