Taskr is a simple task manager for macOS
Simple, easy and delightful to use. Dark color scheme. Today / Backlog workflow.Cons:
No menu bar
I really like the Today / Backlog flow, and the top horizontal navigation. Like how easy it is to create "Projects". In general, I just really like this app! I've been waiting for something like this to come along. Some initial thoughts:
- Add New Task: Tasks are always added to the "backlog", however I expected that since there was an "Add New Task" button on the Today tab, it would be added there instead. I think whichever tab you add the task on, that is where it should be created.
- Help Text: When creating a new task, the help text in each field is cool at first, but I think maybe after the first use or two it shouldn't show up again. It's also formatted like the normal text, so it feels like I need to select it and delete it before I can type.
- View / Edit: Doesn't seem like there's significant differences between these options. Maybe this could be consolidated to just the "Edit" page, but the label could be "View". This would indicate that you can view the full task, and then when your on the task page, you could just change it. Alternatively, maybe you could just expand the row when it is clicked. I'd assume most people wouldn't add a lot of text to their tasks, since this is a simple task manager feeling app. Then, instead of a "view" option, it would just be "edit".
- Move to Backlog: It would be nice to have a "Backlog" option when you roll over tasks on the Today tab, just like there is a "Today" option on tasks on the Backlog tab.
- Menu: Would be real nice to have this in the mac's menu bar. I keep accidentally closing the program :/
Thank you for sharing this!
-AndrewAndrew Weibert has used this product for one day.
Simple, concise, and quick to use.Cons:
Minor features missing
I love that this is a no-bloat task app. Perfect for small lists and no need to make it bloated to support huge task lists. Definitely keep it simple. The main missing feature for me is drag and drop. Even with just 1-5 tasks, it's nice to be able to move them around, especially on the Today view.Justin Scheetz has used this product for one day.