- interactive interface for navigating source code
- runs on Windows, Mac and Linux
- supports C, C++ and Java
- offers plugins for vim, emacs, VS, VS Code, Sublime Text, Eclipse, IntelliJ, CLion, QtCreator, Atom
- generates call graphs, include- and inheritance trees
- features bookmarking and browsing history
- bright and dark color scheme
Easy to install and use. Gives a fast and good overview of code pieces and the related elements. Navigation in code and/or graphic possible.Cons:
Support for more languages would be nice - Adding an option to generate a permanent customizable map of the coding would be perfect for me.
There are not many Software Exploration Tools that are in active development and have a price that can be paid by an individual developer. I know currently no practical alternatives. I use Sourcetrail currently not often, because I work mainly with languages that are not supported by Sourcetrail up to now.Rainer Winkler has used this product for one week.