Pitchdeck

Snapchat meets Shark Tank

Reviews

Discussion

You need to become a Contributor to join the discussion - Find out how.
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
Hi Tom, thanks for your question. Revenue is driven by in-app purchases of pitch time based on a 1-minute, 2-minute, or 3-minute pitch at a cost of $2.99, $5.99, and $9.99 respectively. The entrepreneur chooses the duration based on the amount of time they need to make their pitch. The community of users rates pitches based on a 5-star rating system. Each week we pool the funds generated by the app and fund the person with the highest rated pitch up to $15k to jump start their idea or existing product.
Tom Lynam@tomlynam · Venture for America Fellow // Teespring
@matt_hefferon Wow, didn't expect that but great response! I will have to check this out. Are you excited for Shark Tank on Friday?
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
@tomlynam You know, just in case Kevin was on here posing as a "Tom". Mr. Wonderful likes to hear hard numbers. Thanks again for posting, and yes, stoked for ST!
Brad Yasar@yasarcorp · It takes a whole life to become you!
@matt_hefferon This is a great idea! how many weekly payout​ have you had so far? what were the payouts?
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
@yasarcorp we just launched yesterday afternoon so no payouts yet.
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
@yasarcorp We are really excited about growing the user base so entrepreneurs who pitch will receive the kind of feedback and product validation that will assist them in making decisions early on.
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
@danthevc Thanks for pitching! If you have any questions or feedback please let me know. You can also check out our FAQ page on our website here: 😖 We really appreciate your help in growing the Pitchdeck community as it benefits everyone involved!
Abe Storey@abe_storey · Entrepreneur & Growth Marketer
This is brilliant. @matt_heffron . Huge fan of this concept. Planning on pitching soon. :)
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
@abe_storey thanks for the kind words! We would love to have you pitch!
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
Thanks for checking out Pitch deck! We just launched the app and hope you guys really like it. We like to think of the product as Snapchat meets Shark Tank :)
Tom Lynam@tomlynam · Venture for America Fellow // Teespring
@matt_hefferon What are your sales? How do I make MONEY?!
Ryan J Negri@ryannegri · Co-Founder & CEO, Laicos Cloud
@tomlynam @matt_hefferon Ahh, Mr. Wonderful.
Max Meyer@maxatgetmii · Co-founder @Getmii @Masii
Hey very cool ideas. Is there a plan to expand the 15k as the pool expands? It might also be cool to delineate "competitions" into different product categories as the volume grows.
Matthew HefferonMaker@matthewhefferon · founder @pitchdeck
@maxatgetmii Hi Max, the idea is to grow the community of users to where there are enough weekly pitches to fund the full $15k each and every week. In a given week where the app generates less than the $15k mark, Pitchdeck will fund the highest rated pitch with 90% of the revenue and use the remaining 10% to keep the app running. I like your idea about the product categories, as it would be nice to be able to jump around in different "genres". Currently, the users can select from a list of industries to follow, which filters what category of pitches show up in your video feed. Thanks for the support/feedback!
Max Meyer@maxatgetmii · Co-founder @Getmii @Masii
@matt_hefferon thanks and good luck!