Hitch

Play the matchmaker. Set up your friends.

get it
There are no images or videos added to the gallery.
Add to gallery

Reviews

Discussion

MakersThere are no makers yet
You need to become a Contributor to join the discussion - Find out how.
Ryan HooverHunterPro@rrhoover · Founder, Product Hunt
Credit goes to TC's @mikebutcher and @riptari for this hunt. Hitch recently pitched at TechCrunch's London summer meetup. I'm skeptical that this will work as I've seen this matchmaking approach tried in Tinder (cc @badeen) and other dating apps. I'm not sure if it's worked for them but anecdotally I don't know anyone that has used those features. That said, curious to try it out.
Raymond Lou
Raymond Lou@rawrawray · Product @ NYT
@rrhoover sounds exactly like Pinch, an app that just got released recently. http://www.pinch-app.com/ you should hunt it!
Jonathan Badeen
Jonathan BadeenHiring@badeen · Co-founder & CS(trategy)O, Tinder
@rrhoover Tinder did indeed at one point have a feature similar to this. We decided to remove it rather than maintain it. It's a nice concept, I think, but I'm not sure there are as many people trying to play matchmaker out there as one would hope. We tend to get busy with our own lives all too often.
Anton Gu
Anton Gu@antongu · Founder @Hitch
@rrhoover @badeen That's very interesting. Let me ask you something, did Tinder move away from matchmaking because they/you thought there was greater growth potential elsewhere or because the concept of matchmaking just didn't work? I agree, people would choose to think about their own personal lives over their friends', but you are forgetting the proportion of people that are already in a relationship of some kind, that are not looking for someone else and may choose to think about their friends' instead. Simple Google search for relationship/singles returns a statistic of "44% of American population are single" (statisticbrain.com), which sounds fair. But what about the other 56%? How many of those are matchmakers?
Erik Torenberg
Erik TorenbergHiring@eriktorenberg · Former Product Hunt
Will Smith needs to fund this!!! dance lessons from the movie:
Anton Gu
Anton Gu@antongu · Founder @Hitch
Friends are better than algorithms at choosing your matches!
Adam Lieb
Adam Lieb@adamslieb · Founder/CEO @ Innervate
@antongu Do you know Nick Soman and LikeBright? They were working on this angle. If not I'm happy to make an intro, he might be a great resource.
Philip I. Thomas
Philip I. Thomas@philipithomas · Co-founder at moonlight
This confuses me - I use the Hitch transportation application: http://www.takehitch.com/
Ryan HooverHunterPro@rrhoover · Founder, Product Hunt
@philipithomas there are so many startups that use the same name. Search Product Hunt for "canary" for instance. :)
Marco Mereu
Marco Mereu@mfmereu · Founder & CEO, Gameblyr
potentially the most dangerous product I have seen on PH yet