Which tools (online or not, in this case must be for mac) you guys use to make user journey or user flows?
- 6UX PressiaI'm currently doing my MAsters of Design with a focus on experience design. Journey maps are where I live at the moment, and I've found UX Pressia hands down the best out there for price and usability. I love the simple flow, as well as the ability to customise what categories or content types you include. Also does Personas!
- I just joined the MURAL team a few months ago...we have more than a few Fortune 500 companies mapping out end to end user journeys for some rather complex flows, we just had a large financial institution that mapped out every user transaction journey they had in MURAL. Here's a webinar we hosted a while back that might be of use - https://mural.co/webinars/build-... ...Also as you can imagine our software has been greatly improved since 2016 (time of original PH post) and we are looking forward to releasing a new feature out of beta that should be worthy of a new PH submission sometime soon - https://mural.co/scan
- Indicative is specifically designed for marketing and product teams who need powerful self-service data capabilities to make decisions across the full customer journey. It allows users to do complex funnel analysis using drag-and-drop, no code or SQL knowledge required. Indicative's free plan offers up to 1 Billion user actions/month. (Full disclosure: I’m an employee.)
- 1ProProfs Live Chat SoftwareJason Grills made this productYou can try a live chat solution such as ProProfs Chat (https://proprofs.com/chat/). Gives you insight on how your visitors landed on the website and which pages did they browse after that. You also get to see how they interacted with your operators and what made them visit you in the first place. You can even download its iOS app for your macbook and iPhone to track your visitor behavior on the go.
- 1ProProfs Knowledge BaseBusinesses worldwide use ProProfs Survey Maker to create customer(user) feedback surveys to understand their journey. You can create surveys at different customer touchpoints like product purchase, product usage, customer support, etc. There are beautiful templates from ProProfs, which can be edited in minutes with images, questions, and logos. The templates range from customer satisfaction surveys to customer support satisfaction surveys. The best part is that the basic plan is free, and you can create unlimited surveys. I hope this information is sufficient for you to get started.