About GrokGrok launched 1 product on Product Hunt
Job descriptionGrok is currently searching for a Data Science Engineer to join our close-knit family of like-minded and passionate individuals in our Orange County office! We are a group of driven and intuitive self-starters who are looking to make waves in the work that we do by looking at the bigger picture and welcoming challenges as they come. The people that join our team have full autonomy and can navigate their role as they see fit, making the world their oyster. If you’re looking to make a leap in your career and join a fun, fast-paced start-up that is revolutionizing the world of cloud computing through machine learning, then send us your resume!
Grok is an anomaly detection platform designed to save businesses time and money when managing increasingly complex, distributed cloud applications and services. Within a few minutes, Grok can learn patterns of behavior within infrastructure and detect incidents and anomalies before they occur, giving back much needed time and operating expenses to enterprise businesses.
We’re in a growth phase of the company, so this individual will ensure our systems are battle hardened and our platform provides meaningful value to our clients. As a member of a small development team, you will have more autonomy to shape the direction of the platform and its codebase. We are a fast-paced start-up, so you’ll have to make some fast decisions and think on your feet as clients’ needs evolve.
• Bring deep knowledge and experience building real products using machine learning and data science
• Leverage machine learning techniques to build systems which process and derive insights from millions of data points every day
• Select new tools/platforms, and lead the team into applying and integrating them into the Grok platform
• Provide hands-on support with customer engagements
• Be comfortable running with your own ideas and eager to learn new skills on a bleeding edge platform
• A Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, or a related technical field
• 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Scientists/ Software Engineer
• Fluency in Python and experience with open source machine learning and data analysis libraries, models, and tools (scikit-learn, pandas, nupic, mllib, keras, etc.)
• Understanding of common software development practices around design, coding, and testing a large codebase
Plus if you have:
• Doctoral degree in AI, ML, or Data Science
• Large-scale systems software design and development experience using container-based software architecture
• Experience in more than programming language (Java, C#, C/C++, Scala, R, shell scripting, etc.)
• Experience with Elasticsearch and Machine Learning platforms (Google, IBM, Azure, AWS)
• Modern visualization tools such as Grafana or Kibana