About UpbeatUpbeat launched 1 product on Product Hunt
Job descriptionPRX is looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our team in building and scaling our platform to tens of thousands of businesses and hundreds of thousands of journalists and bloggers and using ML to disrupt a very old-school industry.
- You'll ship code to PRX’s core product
- You'll develop new features and improve our PR platform, which our PR managers use to conduct campaigns for our clients
- You'll work on our crawling engine that indexes millions of articles across the web and scrapes information to our media targeting system
- You'll use a wide range of technologies including React, Redux, Django, SCSS, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Github and Git Flow, Redis, Celery, Heroku, lots of AWS services (RDS, SQS, S3, Cloudfront, ElastiCache)
- You have experience in writing web software and are comfortable working across the stack. However, it's okay to be stronger or have a preference for backend or frontend, as long as you're willing to learn.
- You have a firm grasp on CS fundamentals
- You are able to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
Valued, but not required
- Experience in our specific technologies. PRX is primarily built in Python using Django and the Django Rest Framework on the backend and React + Redux and SCSS on the frontend.
- Experience in Numpy, Scipy and ML or NLP