Crossed 2400 followers on Product Hunt. Is follower count a vanity metric?

Olena Bomko
35 replies

Replies

Business Marketing with Nika
Congratulation! 🙂 I think that the Product Hunt follower count is a good metric but I appreciate engagement more 🙂
Matheus Alencar
@busmark_w_nika I'm curious, is there a minimum amount of followers that's recommended to get before launching a product? (for best product success)
Business Marketing with Nika
@matheus_alencar I would not rather say any number. Because someone can be a newbie on PH with 2 followers and is pretty popular on Twitter with 50k followers who will gladly support him/her. So it can be tricky to say a certain amount.
Simona O'Neill
Well done Olena! I don’t think that it’s vain at all. It’s encouraging to keep doing what you’re doing. As long as those followers engage with your content and aren’t just a number.
Congrats Olena! PH followers is not vanity at all. On the contrary, it's over powered. With no followers, everything one does on Product Hunt becomes significantly harder. If you see the top Discussions, they're mostly dominated by people with 1000+ followers.
Igor Lysenko
This is a super good result, why not be happy? :)
Fabian Maume
Followers do have value: your followers get notifications for each question you post and each product you hunt.
Maurizio Isendoorn
@fabian_maume I'm following your Linkedin tool! Btw, Ringly.io is launching today, and we need your support as well!
Heyalbert
Congrats! might it stand for in terms of authority?
Yeahia Sarker
Congrats! I am trying to increase my followers as well.
Shouldn't be vanity! Because you worked to get it till here. Worked hard, right? And this number shows that. Upvotes, comments etc are a bigger way to assess, but no number is less important.
Siful Islam
Congrat! When you hunt a product, followers get notified!
Joonatan
Wow that's a lot, what has made you being so active on Producthunt?
Gong Zijian
Congratulations on hitting the 2400 followers milestone, Olena! While follower count can be seen as a vanity metric, it also reflects growing visibility and potential influence in the Product Hunt community.
Ryan Zhang
Congratulations on crossing 2400 followers on Product Hunt, Olena! While follower count can be seen as a vanity metric, it also reflects a growing community interested in what you're offering.
Jake Tital
Follow count isnt a vanity metric IF you're doing product launches or hunting for projects . It helps with the visibility
Trey Winterbourne
Wow @olenabomko, that's incredible, good job!
Samar Ali
Congrats Olena!
Moon
Congratulations on reaching 2400 followers!
Letty
Launching soon!
Congrats Olena!
Otis Wu
Congratulations on crossing 2400 followers on Product Hunt, Olena! While follower count can be seen as a vanity metric, it also signifies a growing community interested in your journey and products.
Kate Ramakaieva
oh woooow! that's huuuge 💪🥳
Aravind Parameswaran
That's awesome! Congrats! That's like a small village following you now :) Follower count isn't pure vanity, but I think quality of followers matters more than quantity any day! How long did it take you to achieve this?