200 day streak - Main takeaways/advice

Daniel Zaitzow
29 replies
After the past 200 days I've got one major takeaway - Engaging with the community in an authentic way is going to yield the best returns. (I guess that applies most things in life haha) Really try to think of PH as a community of fellow makers VS people simply trying to sell you products/services. Support first, comment first, message first and (more often than not) you'll have those individuals coming back to support you at the back end.

Replies

Ghulam Abbas
Congratulations 🎊
Atticus Li
100% Give first before asking. It's about putting the community first.
Daniel Zaitzow
@atticusli And, from my perspective - I'd rather scroll and engage on cool new products than on an endless loop (IG/Tiktok/FB etc)
Aris Nakos
Meaningful engagement drives forward organic growth in so many ways. 1. You learn more about the ecosystem 2. You will shine, much more than generic people. I don't think streaks mean much, if you don't pour your soul into what you're doing. Think of a person that has been alive for 90 years...we call him 90 years old. But what did he do for 90 years ? What are his or her stories ?
Daniel Zaitzow
@aris_nakos Same I don't really think the streak means too much (I don't particularly wear it as a badge of honour or anything) more just a talking point for a discussion thread haha! And I couldn't agree more - I think the quality of engagement (stories / feedback) matter much more than just being here.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
Thank you for sharing your insights with us. As a newcomer to Product Hunt, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Authentic community engagement is key. I'm happy to support others as well.
Daniel Zaitzow
@viola_s Yea I think it needs to be selfless at the front end - jab jab jab right hook or give give give - ask for something in return. Typically works in most realms of marketing.
Layla
Keep it up
Harper
congratulation bro on 200 day streak good luck
Congratulation man !
Mason Davis
Congratulations
Mae Twyman
Congratulation Daniel
Daniel Zaitzow
@mae_twyman Thanks a ton! I didn't rescue anyone tied down on train tracks or anything but I appreciate the kind words.
Jesus Kallergis
200d streak, wow that's awesome. Beyond engagement and community, what are your top 3 highlights/takeaways/ learnings? any launches that stood out? products you met and stuck with?
Daniel Zaitzow
@jesuskal I liked Folk CRM - thought that was a really solid product overall - I also really like Typeform (maybe because we're trying to mirror some of that they do in an MVP way but those two are the top of mind. Top three is tough but if I had to think of 3 things right now... 1. Don't worry too much about your ranking and really look at this like one of many marketing avenues (of course stress and make sure you do a good job but like if it flops - you get another crack at it soon) 2. Treat your early users like gold - they're with you from day 1 and oftentimes have SOOOO much useful info - they want you to win - and your product to be better (selfishly) 3. Avoid confirmation bias - lean into being wrong and not knowing the right direction. I've seen a lot of people roll out products and their users are asking for X but they deliver Y because a small number of users wanted that vs the overwhelming majority etc. Bonus points - be transparent and honest - if you tell the truth - people will tend to give you some breathing room.
Thomas
Congratulation on 200 day streak
henry
Congrats bro !
Jake Tital
Insert were going streaking will ferrell quote here lol