Successful Launch: How can you make it with zero audience?

Burak
15 replies
Is it possible? Have you heard about creating side products to build an audience before your main product launch? Hey guys, it's Burak. I have been around for a while and helped startups and makers to launch on PH (2 years in a row with 10+ projects). I learned that launching a new product with zero audience can be a bit challenging, but with the right strategies, it's definitely possible. Building relationships, leveraging paid advertising, email marketing, PR etc. On the other hand, creating side products to build an audience is a trend that's been taking off lately and it's so cool to see how it's working for other companies. Like Threado did it, and it's been working wonders for other recent launches too. I'm loving this approach and I think it's a great way to build excitement and get people ready for your main launch. What do you think?

Replies

Babatunde Pelumi
Oh and we're launching this week too, an AI product that can help 10x the process of getting insights from customer interviews and build products that customers love! Would love to have you support and join the waitlist also here by clicking "notify me" when you follow the link (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...). Thanks!
Murali Gottumukkala
Its difficult but achievable
Johan Steneros
Would love to know more about your strategy.
Fabian Maume
It is possible to have a successful launch without an audience. You will need to have a hunter which a good audience of his own. Check out https://upvote-bell.com/leaderboard if you need more advice to prepare your launch, check out Product Launch Action Template
Geetanjali Shrivastava
There's no point of launching without an audience, right? Whether you build the audience in the weeks leading to the launch, or tap into a hunter's / influencer's audience, or pay for getting audience attention --> you need an audience. 😊
Babatunde Pelumi
@geetanjalishrivastava Spot on Geetanjali! I agree with that, I see you're launching soon, and so am i. Can you tell me more about your product?
Geetanjali Shrivastava
@babatunde_adedoyin We are are building a full-stack AI-assisted career intelligence platform that offers mentoring, as well as automated creation of lesson plans on emerging career paths and skills. Our first launch was of the micro-learning platform with courses generated using AI. The career mentoring launch is scheduled for tomorrow. Do check it out & give us your feedback: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Babatunde Pelumi
@geetanjalishrivastava Oh great, i find a good interest in that and have checked it out also, would give feedback when I'm done reviewing
Babatunde Pelumi
@geetanjalishrivastava By the way we have a product at Insight7 launching on the 25th, it's an AI tool that Automates customer research to build products customers love 10x faster. I'd be glad if you can support by joining the waitlist here: (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
Runqiu (Rachel) Cai
Hey Burak, Launching side projects is a great way to build up your street cred. There are other low lift and authentic ways to get visibility and build your audience. For example: - Start sharing your insights in public. Focus on adding value vs. selling. Tactically this means freely sharing your insights, frameworks, advice in public so you can build trust and credibility. When you're ready to sell, add a PS or comment in your post that drives people to your new product or waitlist. By shifting your mindset from "marketing" to "adding value", you can now promote yourself without feeling cringey because you're sharing your knowledge. - When launching a new product, cold DM and email influencers who might be interested in your product to ask to demo it for them. You'll need to compile a big list of several hundred, but a small percentage of them will take you up on the offer. The goal is to get them on the phone, show your product, and ask if they'd talk about it to their big audience. - Tap into communities or networks you belong to. You say you have no audience, but you've probably worked with a bunch of people. You likely have at least 500 connections on LinkedIn. You can message people who know you and trust you to boost the message, share the product with a friend, give advice. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Babatunde Pelumi
I think this is a surefire way to try out in getting audiences, would love to try them out too thanks! :)