How many days did it take for you to prepare for the launch on Product Hunt?

Hussam
35 replies

Replies

Jeri Walker
We usually wait until a project is done and then prepare to launch the product on all apps and websites, including Product Hunt! :)
Hussam
@winterlightstudios It is the natural state when launching any project. But in your opinion, is there something through which we can achieve the greatest possible reach for the product?
Barış Özmen
I haven't done any particular preparation for the launch. Just submit by adding some text content
Hussam
@baris_ozmen Share with me the details of launching your project and how the result was.
Raja Gopalan
@baris_ozmen @hussam_gbt Yes this would be useful. Not sure what i did wrong but i did my teaser and launch but did not get any bites. LinkedIn gets me much more traction so i am guessing i did something wrong, frankly.
Hussam
@baris_ozmen @raja_gopalan Certainly, no problem. We'll try to learn from this mistake, and in the future, we'll seek to benefit from successful experiences to achieve the desired results.
Jingxin Xu
@baris_ozmen That's the right thing, focusing on product development and handling user feedback is more important than anything else. ProductHunt brings you traffic, but whether these users stay depends on whether you solve their problems.
Kay Chua Ginsburg
@baris_ozmen @hussam_gbt For us the lisitng is the fastest - but obviously we are noobs on the listing, so not sure what the right away is. Therefore we have some issues driving traffic even though I have posted them on Linkedin, Insta, and FB. We don't list until we're pretty much in prod mode.. i.e. POC fully working prototype, and now hoping to get market feedback on its usability and application...
Ирина Мамашева
я готова, просто дайте информацию которую надо публиковать
Hussam
@mamashevaika How was your experience with the launch, and what are the results?
Sharon
I think it would need at least a month. A lot of preparation work needs to be done.
Hussam
@haijoy Yes, I think so. Are there, in your opinion, key steps that will make a difference during the launch?
1UP
Only a few hours. After launching, I realized that I was too naive 😂
Hussam
@jinokinoko Hahaha, what is the reason for this feeling that overcame you?
Gavin King
It took less than an hour.
Jao Japitana
Initially we were aiming for 30 days, but with our official launch date, it's around 45-50 days 😁
Raja Gopalan
Not more than a couple of daya
Niko Veit
1 day - hit the #6th spot!
Md Shariful Islam
For me, it took only few hours for the launch
Parra Cheung
At least 1 month, so my product is still in coming soon list :-)
Violet Yeo
Hi Hi, the launch on Product Hunt is about 2 to 3 weeks. First, there is a period of time before you can post, then we prepare the text, and submit. I have not had social media presence yet. I think you will get more attention if you advise on social media.
Stefan Rusu
I took about 2 days to prep for it, and when it was launched I also ran a small ad on instagram to try to get more eyes on it.
Stefan Rusu
@hussam_gbt the one thing that I discovered - and maybe I did that wrong, not sure - was that Instagram did not allow for the link to target the app on the App store but rather only allowed it to point to the website. So the conversion gets more complicated if you're looking to launch an app, there will be a conversion from insta add to the website, then from the website to the app store, then in the app store from viewing your product to the download itself. I'm not a Google ads expert so I don't know if that would work better, in the end my click to website cost 0.21 pence so taking ALL those conversion ratios into account, my customer acquisition cost for an app I'm currently offering for free was quite high. Mentioning this as food for thought.
Freya Wang
What kind of preparation do you think will bring more upvotes?
Akilesh
usual I'll launch my products in https://peerlist.io before launching to producthunt