101 of how NOT to launch

Joonatan
30 replies
One year ago, we launched Stockle beta on Product Hunt. We didn’t really prepare for the launch in any way, just simply submit and back to coding (A real programmer move - we know). We were fully committed to the development process and our to-do list was kilometers long. Also, we didn’t have an existing audience on social platforms. As engineers, you often get caught up with building the product instead of building an audience for it. So, as you can guess, the launch wasn’t a big success, not even a small one, to be honest (😅). During the past year, we’ve not only added more value to the platform but built our social media presence & audience, listened our users, and iterated multiple times. So, lessons learned, we are now launching Stockle’s stable release on Product Hunt. If you are keen to follow and support our 100% bootstrapped platform for retail investors, we would really appreciate it! Simply hit "notify" on our product page, and you’ll be the first to know when we are launching! https://www.producthunt.com/prod...

Replies

Good luck with your new venture You haven't attached the linked to the teaser page.
Ramit Koul
It's the same with me as well :) Now, after being active for few months, I feel like my next launch would be somewhat significant :P I have clicked the notify button and will surely support your launch as it seems like a great product.
Joonatan
@ramitkoul Well, you live and learn; you can't know everything in the beginning! 😄 Thanks for the support; I appreciate it!
André J
Launching soon!
Already signed up 🚀
Yuki
Lookin forward to this one Joonatan, already signed up last week!
JD Worcester
Just signed up to be notified, thanks for sharing, and best of luck!
Yuki
"first time entrepreneurs worry about product. second time founders worry about distribution." in a nutshell! been there too!
Samantha Den
Many developers do this, I have friends who built and thought their product is so great that they don't need to prepare for anything, even though their product was really great but their launch was not as successful as they thought.
Joonatan
@samantha_den Maybe it’s kind of a developer habit to trust only the product, very rarely that strategy works though
Samantha Tan
Already hit notify! I’d love to hear more about what you’ve done differently this time around?
Joonatan
@sam_tan7 I'd say the biggest difference is being active on various social channels, both through our product's accounts and our own. Connecting with other founders, developers and indie hackers!
Austin Armstrong
The best of luck bro!
Salar Davari
Just checked it out. Sounds promising.
Benny
Great post and a good reminder that it's not just all about the development! Notified of you new launch!
Joonatan
@tracker_3 Thank you, I appreciate it a lot! I thought it could also serve as a good reminder for others, as I know there are many developer souls here😄
Lisa
Signed up - good luck with the upcoming launch! 🚀
Kate Ramakaieva
You've done a great job! Subscribed to your launch and X 😻