What's the benefits of having a Hunter?

Demetre Mildiani
20 replies
I see that hunter have a big following and by having a Hunter you can have access to that following, my question is this, do we really need a Hunter? And do Makers followers get notifications too?

Replies

I think the followers of the hunters play a big role
Demetre Mildiani
@kchris22 are you using a hunter for your launch?
Joseph Parker
HIs followers will get notified and we can have credible support and real users on our product.
Demetre Mildiani
@joseph_parker2 I see, it's a boost to have a hunter but not a necessity
Joseph Parker
@demetre_mildiani1 yea it's not that much necessary
Wendy Wang
According to the PH launch guide, 60% of #1 Product of the Day winners were self-hunted, so a Hunter is not necessary. We are launching today and self-hunt: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Demetre Mildiani
@wendy_w Wow, Thank you Wendy for this information! upvoted, best of luck!
Joseph Collins
No we don't really need a hunter. Yes Makers followers also get notifications on tha launch day
Demetre Mildiani
@joseph_collins2 Great so they are like hunters in a sense?
@joseph_collins2 Unless their product is not featured (hidden from the homepage)
Demetre Mildiani
@jgani thank you for the clarification
Gong Zijian
Having a Hunter like Demetre Mildiani on your side means gaining access to a vast network and insights into the latest tech trends, which can significantly amplify your product's visibility. Their expertise in navigating the Product Hunt ecosystem can be invaluable in crafting a launch strategy that resonates with the community.
Demetre Mildiani
@zijian Gong, thank you for attempting a response i appreciate that
Demetre Mildiani
So so far what i understood is that, a hunter is a good Boost for the launch, but it's not essential to have one
Ryan Zhang
Having a Hunter like Demetre Mildiani on your side means tapping into a network of potential early adopters and gaining valuable exposure for your product. It's a strategic move that can significantly boost your product's visibility and credibility in the market.
Demetre Mildiani
@ryan_motiff thank you for the info :)) @Gong Zijian kinda told me the same
Sarah Playford
Your product gets extra visibility that's because of the hunter's followers.
Demetre Mildiani
@sarah_playford I see that, what about makers followers or people who commented
Deshraj Singh
Absolutely! Hunters can be incredibly valuable for accessing their follower base and expanding your reach. I can help ensure that your product gains the attention and traction it deserve.
Jerry
I think that helps a lot in that you can access a big network. However, if a maker already has lots of followers, they don't need a hunter.