Discover your next favorite thing…
Welcome to Product Hunt
Get the best new products in your inbox, daily.
Mobile deep linking, simplified
a year ago
— Founder, Branch Metrics
Hey guys, looks like multiple people have questions about Hoko vs. Branch so moving this to its own comment. With Branch's offerings and Hoko entering the market - it's a good time to be a developer! Together we'll improve the ecosystem for developers and users. Here's what we're proud of at Branch.
1) Here at Branch, we think that providing the best experience on first using the app is essential to growth and engagement. It's important that this works well for every new user, in every use case, on every platform. Here is more information about our matching -
. To date, we have given over 100 million users a better first time experience with our links.
2) It's a massive task to make sure links work everywhere. We've spent a lot of engineering time making sure our links are supported on older operating systems and are up-to-date with constantly changing behavior on the major apps. We get into the weeds on this to help devs with issues like Android platform fragmentation - for example, our links work on the Facebook web view for both pre-Android 4.4 and post-Android 4.4 where the browser engine was altered to be based on Chrome.
3) We are also looking forward to stay ahead of changing deep link standards. Just integrating Branch means your app supports Google's App Indexing, Facebook's App Links, Apple's Universal Links, even Pinterest and Twitter's app content cards.
4) We've been working on a new onboarding flow for a while that we just launched - sign up and check it out! One you've been through the simple steps to integrate, we offer a variety of features like the ones you mention, Omar, and more - which makes complex behavior really easy to build.
We're excited to see what you build! You're welcome to reach out to us if you have any questions.
a year ago
Thanks for your comments Mada. I was not expecting a new selling channel from you :-) but I'm happy to see you around.
Just to summarise. With HOKO, you can do all the great things that you are mentioning although:
- We do it in a simple and lean way. Because that’s what people want.
If we really want to bring deep linking to EVERYONE, it means building an amazing product that anyone can understand and use. Thinking of an iPhone ;-)
And we are taking it into a new level. HOKO is building a whole re-engagement platform. A platform in which apps can create dynamic connections with each other, in a way that they can move and drive traffic. Growth will lose relevance, as apps gain higher re-engagement rates.
We believe the world of mobile will change exponentially over the coming years, with apps decoupling from the web, and new ecosystems, created purely for mobility emerging. We are building the technology that will enable mobile apps to engage - both with their customers, but mainly with each other.
a year ago
Show all comments
Commenting is limited to those invited by others in the community.
Login to continue.