What people like about Whimsical
- AnnouncementNominated for Golden Kitty 2021 in Work from anywhereThe community submitted over 13,800 nominations to tell us what products were their favorites from 2021. Whimsical Docs was nominated in the Work from anywhere category and became finalist of the Golden Kitty Award 2021.Jan 28, 2022
- Announcement#4 Product of the dayWhimsical Docs ranked 4th Product of the day for Feb 16, 2021 with 382 upvotes and 34 commentsFeb 16, 2021
- LaunchCollaborative documents with built-in flowcharts, wireframes, mind maps, and other visual content.✔ Document everything in one tool✔ Beautiful and delightful writing experience✔ Best in class real-time collaboration•
- Announcement#5 Product of the weekWhimsical Mind Maps ranked 5th Product of the week for Jun 22, 2019 with 887 upvotes and 23 commentsJun 22, 2019
- Announcement#2 Product of the dayWhimsical Mind Maps ranked 2nd Product of the day for Jun 18, 2019 with 515 upvotes and 17 commentsJun 18, 2019
- LaunchFast and beautiful mind maps with real-time collaboration.✔ Fine-tuned for maximum speed✔ Intuitive keyboard shortcuts✔ Intelligent auto-layout✔ Real-time multiplayer editing✔ Easily collapsible nodes•
- Announcement#2 Product of the dayWhimsical Projects ranked 2nd Product of the day for Nov 15, 2018 with 308 upvotes and 22 commentsNov 15, 2018
Whimsical Projects is a visual project management tool designed for effective communication.
It's like physical stickies but collaborative and limitless. Great for Kanban, Affinity Mapping, Lean Canvas, Story Mapping etc.•
Questions about Whimsical
Whimsical's starter plan gives you a limited number of free items per workspace, in up to 2 free workspaces.
They also offer monthly and annual subscriptions which allow unlimited items per workspace. More information can be found here.
Whimsical is a "unified suite of collaboration tools" that allow its users to create documents, flowcharts, wireframes, mind maps, and sticky notes in a visual workspace. The company is headquarted in Denver, Colorado, and has deliberately chosen to bootstrap their business rather than take venture-funding.