What people like about This Person Does Not Exist
This Person Does Not Exist's news
- Announcement#4 Product of the monthThis Person Does Not Exist ranked 4th Product of the month for Feb 28, 2019 with 1,538 upvotes and 77 commentsFeb 28, 2019
- Announcement#2 Product of the weekThis Person Does Not Exist ranked 2nd Product of the week for Feb 16, 2019 with 983 upvotes and 56 commentsFeb 16, 2019
- Announcement#2 Product of the dayThis Person Does Not Exist ranked 2nd Product of the day for Feb 14, 2019 with 284 upvotes and 26 commentsFeb 14, 2019
This Person Does Not Exist presents a random, computer generated photo of a fictional person. Refresh the page each time for a new face.•
Questions about This Person Does Not Exist
While TPDNE exists as a real website, what it generates is not real. Every single face shown when the screen is refreshed is actually an image of a human face that's been completely created by the artificial intelligence algorithm.
The software used to create TPDNE is in fact, open source. The code behind This Person Does Not Exist was created by Nvidia and is called StyleGAN. StyleGAN was made source-available in February 2019. Philip Wang then used this software to create This Person Does Not Exist.
This Person Does Not Exist is a website set up by software engineer Philip Wang. Consisting of only one page, the site shows a different person's face each time that it's refreshed. However, the people being shown are not real. Instead, each of these fake yet strangely familiar faces are generated through the use of a special kind of artificial intelligence algorithm called generative adversarial networks (GANs) The site's creator, Philip Wang, wanted to demonstrate what GANs are capable of and show how easily AI can present as real images that are actually artificial. This Person Does Not Exist received the following awards:
- #2 Product of the Day on Product Hunt on February 14, 2019
- #2 Product of the Week on Product Hunt on February 14, 2019
- #4 Product of the Month for February 2019