What people like about Slack
- LaunchGet ready for Slack canvas, a new surface in your digital HQ, where teams can curate, organise and share mission-critical resources. Paired with the Slack platform, anyone can customise a canvas with time-saving automations that move work forward.•
- LaunchSlack Connect allows you to send direct messages to people outside your company, simplifying the way you work with partners. Use this feature to seamlessly schedule meetings, sign documents and quickly collaborate on important tasks without ever leaving Slack.•
- Announcement#5 Product of the daySlack Workflow Builder ranked 5th Product of the day for Oct 18, 2019 with 106 upvotes and 2 commentsOct 18, 2019
- LaunchWith Workflow Builder, Slack users can easily create custom workflows that allow them to do all sorts of things, like:❓ Standardize how requests are collected⏰ Triage outages in real time👋 Get new team members up to speed with welcome messages•
- Announcement#5 Product of the weekSlack 4.0 ranked 5th Product of the week for Aug 3, 2019 with 797 upvotes and 30 commentsAug 3, 2019
- Announcement#1 Product of the daySlack 4.0 ranked 1st Product of the day for Jul 30, 2019 with 473 upvotes and 23 commentsJul 30, 2019
- LaunchThe latest version of our desktop app provides a smoother, faster experience for all. Some notable changes include faster loading times, better overall performance and the ability to work offline.•
- LaunchKeep conversations moving forward by bringing context from an email into a Slack channel or direct message•
Questions about Slack
By default, Slack encrypts data at rest and data in transit for all of our customers.
We further protect your data with tools like Slack Enterprise Key Management (Slack EKM), audit logs, and integrations with top data loss prevention (DLP) providers.
More information can be found here.
Slack's meteoric rise in popularity can be attributed to two major factors: It does it's job exceptionally well, and people enjoy using the app itself. From a functionality standpoint, Slack's strengths are that it:
- Facilitates communication in the workplace
- Helps teams communicate collaborate across remote distances
- Enables and encourages the sharing of documents, images and other assets across teams
From a design standpoint, Slack is popular because it appeals to all demographics with its visually appealing design, smooth API's and workflows, and it's contemporary and tech-friendly.