What people like about Loom
- StoryHow Loom’s bet on Product Hunt paid off•5 min readWith over 14 million users, it might be hard to believe that Loom once struggled to solidify its place in the market. But best friends-turned-co-founders Shahed Khan, Vinay Hiremath, and Joe Thomas found growth and succes...Read more.•
- AnnouncementNominated for Golden Kitty 2021 in Developer toolThe community submitted over 13,800 nominations to tell us what products were their favorites from 2021. loomSDK beta was nominated in the Developer tool category and became finalist of the Golden Kitty Award 2021.Jan 28, 2022
- Announcement#2 Product of the weekloomSDK beta ranked 2nd Product of the week for Jun 5, 2021 with 948 upvotes and 142 commentsJun 5, 2021
- Announcement#1 Product of the dayloomSDK beta ranked 1st Product of the day for Jun 2, 2021 with 672 upvotes and 127 commentsJun 2, 2021
- LaunchThe loomSDK is the easiest & most reliable way for you to add video messaging to your own product – and it’s free. The SDK enables your users to record, embed, & view with Loom videos directly within your web apps – adding clarity and context to any workflow.•
- LaunchWatch, share, and record video messages on the go with Loom for Android.•
- StoryHow Loom grew its user base after its Product Hunt launch•6 min readLast week, we hosted our weekly Clubhouse Round-Up with guest Shahed Khan, a co-founder of Loom, the video messaging tool that’s now raised $73 million.Loom first launched on Product Hunt as Open test in 2016. Shahed shar...Read more.•
- AnnouncementNominated for Golden Kitty 2020 in Mobile AppThe community submitted over 10,500 nominations to tell us what products were their favorites from 2020. Loom for iOS was nominated in the Mobile App category and became finalist of the Golden Kitty Award 2020.Feb 19, 2021
Questions about Loom
- #1 Product of the Day on Product Hunt on June 17th, 2016
- #2 Product of the Week on Product Hunt on June 17th, 2016
- #4 Product of the Month on Product Hunt on June 17th, 2016
Loom starter accounts are free, with different pricing available depending on which plan you choose.
Loom Business is available for $10/mo per Creator, or $8/mo annually, with up to 50 users in free Creator Lite roles.
Loom Enterprise is available at a custom rate based on volume.
The main way Loom is different from Zoom is that Zoom is meant for live conferencing, while messages on Loom can be viewed and replied to at the user's convenience -- this makes the service ideal for remote teams and asynchronous collaboration.
Loom is a screen recorder app that brings all the accessibility of screen sharing together with the ease of instant messaging. Loom allows you to record your screen along with audio or video overlays so that you can easily send high fidelity videos to colleagues.
The company was founded in 2015 by Joe Thomas, Vinay Hiremath, and Shahed Khan. It currently boasts over 12M users from over 200K companies, and has raised over $203M in venture capital.