What people like about Canva
- AnnouncementWon Golden Kitty 2022 in Design toolsThe community submitted over 53,600 nominations to tell us what products were their favorites from 2022. Canva Visual Worksuite was nominated in the Design tools category and became finalist of the Golden Kitty Award 2022.Jan 24, 2023
- Announcement#1 Product of the dayCanva Websites ranked 1st Product of the day for Nov 26, 2022 with 318 upvotes and 37 commentsNov 26, 2022
- LaunchBoost your online presence and build your own one-page website in minutes with Canva Websites, no coding required.•
- Announcement#3 Product of the dayCanva: Text to Image ranked 3rd Product of the day for Nov 19, 2022 with 120 upvotes and 14 commentsNov 19, 2022
- LaunchCanva's Text to Image empowers you to create unique images and art from a simple description in seconds.•
- Announcement#4 Product of the dayCanva Visual Worksuite ranked 4th Product of the day for Sep 15, 2022 with 361 upvotes and 22 commentsSep 15, 2022
- LaunchReimagine the way you work. We're introducing docs, whiteboards, videos, websites, and more to help your team to create professional content. With one platform, you can power all your visual communication.•
- LaunchAvailable for free on the web, desktop, and mobile, Canva Whiteboards combines intuitive editing, real-time collaboration features, bespoke templates, and an extensive content library to help you start mapping out your next big idea.•
Questions about Canva
Yes, Canva is safe. Your Canva account information and designs are kept secure with encryption, and you can further protect your account by enabling single sign on (SSO) or multi-factor authentication (MFA), which are features available under the Enterprise plan.
Canva was the victim of a cyber attack in May of 2019, when hackers gained access to the usernames and email addresses of 140 million users. However, no password or credit card data was compromised, since that information was encrypted. Following the attack, the company reiterated its commitment to its users' data and privacy, and said it would be improving its security practices to ensure this wouldn't happen again.\ Canva is now ISO 27001 certified, which means Canva was assessed by a certification body, and it was determined that the organization has processes and systems in place to effectively identify, assess, treat, and monitor information security risks.
For Canva Free users, Pro content is watermarked. It is possible to pay $1 for a single-use license for each Pro design you'd like to use. You'll need to pay $1 each time you want to use the same piece of content in a new design.
However, if you have a Canva Pro or Canva Enterprise account, you'll get access to all designs with no watermarks, and no additional fees.
Yes, Canva offers a 30-day free trial for its Pro plan, but you'll need to enter your credit card information to get access.
With the Pro plan, you'll be able to try additional features such as:
Even more stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics
Over 600,000 templates, with new ones added daily
Easily save brand colors, logos, and fonts with Brand Kits.
Resize designs easily with Magic Resize
Remove image backgrounds with Background Remover
Save designs as templates to share with your team
100GB of cloud storage (compared to 5GB for the free version)
Social media content scheduling
Once your free trial ends, Canva Pro costs $119.99 per year (paid annually), or $12.99 per month (paid monthly), for up to 5 people. Additional team members can be added at an additional cost.
Canva is a great, free tool for graphic design. It's especially good for beginner-level designers, because it has such an easy-to-understand interface.
But, all software also has its limitations. Here are a few things you should consider:
No local file storage: Canva does not offer local file storage, which means you cannot access or change your files if the website is down or you have an issue with internet connectivity.
No source file: Unlike graphic design tools like Photoshop, you cannot export your Canva design as a raw file to make advanced edits. You'll need to make all edits on the Canva platform.
Not all assets are free: While Canva offers many free options, some images, fonts, and templates within the platform require payment.
Design overuse: Since Canva has millions of users, you may find that your favorite template has been used many times around the internet. This means you'll need to get creative to help your designs stand out.
Legal technicalities: While the media on Canva can be used for free or commercial and noncommercial use, you cannot use any of their designs (free or paid) within a company logo, and those designs cannot be trademarked.
Limited mobile support: Canva does have a mobile app, but it does not offer the same features as the website, mac, or desktop version. Keep this in mind if you plan to do a lot of design from your phone.
Canva is a great tool for leveling up your social media accounts. With their library of over 100 social media templates, creating assets for your posts across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest has never been easier. Canva is free to use, but you may choose to add premium stock photography for $1 per image.
Yes, Canva is completely free to use. With a free account, you'll get access 250,000+ free templates, 100+ design types, hundreds of photos and graphics, the ability to collaborate and comments in real time, and 5GB of cloud storage. The free version works best for freelancers who create 10-15 designs per month.
For access to even more assets, features, and storage, you'll need to upgrade to the Pro or Enterprise plans. Thirty day free trials are available so you can be sure you're getting what you need.
Canva is a free graphic design platform that makes creating custom graphics easy. Canva can be used to make presentations, invitations, brochures, business cards, and more. Unlike some other design software, Canva's easy-to-understand interface makes it a good choice for beginners and design dabblers who want to get up and running quickly. Note that for more advanced or sophisticated design tasks, Photoshop is still the industry standard.
Canva was founded in 2012 in Perth, Australia by Melanie Perkins, Cameron Adams, and Cliff Obrecht. In April of 2021, Canva announced a new $71M USD funding round, and an updated valuation of $15B USD. Canva is used in more than 190 countries around the world.