GraphQL database platform
Prisma Cloud is a GraphQL-based database platform and is the easiest way to run Prisma in production.
- Serverless cluster hosting
- Powerful data browser to explore and edit data
- Team collaboration
- Metrics & database insights
Provides a powerful cloud layer on top of Prisma
- Serverless hosting
- Data browser/editor
- Production metrics
Nothing worth mentioning
Having taken a couple of services to production with self-hosted Prisma on AWS, I was waiting for it to officially release. I had a lucky chance to use this in beta for a few weeks and I can vouch for this product.
Prisma cloud adds a lot of features on top of the Prisma database API layer
like monitoring and data exploration that makes taking it to production even easier.
What I love about Prisma (the DB API layer) is that it is truly tech first with most of the core design decisions happening on Github, one can quickly understand where the whole project is going.
Another amazing thing about Prisma is that it programming language and technology agnostic, and unlike other platforms there is no vendor lock.
Lastly, a feature that I would want in Prisma cloud is a serverless application server (currently, we build it with technologies like graphql-yoga and host it with maybe zeit's now or on AWS) BUT I can totally see a future where Prisma cloud and become a headless product platform (not just a headless CMS) where you have the availability of various templates to start from and you could build your business on top of it without having to manage any infrastructure.Divyendu Singh has used this product for one month.
- Provides a great way to bootstrap your CRUD endpoints
- Flexible playground
- Data view to browse all the models in the cloud
New technology. Not really a con per say - but, interested in seeing how it would scale with data.
Few things that would be pretty helpful (feature requests)
- Inbuilt support for authorization(roles/permission) for users at resource level (user/actions/resource - mapping).
- Server side subscriptions are great, Not an optimal solution to build chat applications based on client side subscriptions yet. Hopefully it will improve overtime.Sairam has used this product for one month.