Million People Homepage

Viral growth challenge, benefiting CMN Hospitals 🎈

get it

Million People Homepage is a viral growth challenge, benefitting Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, who raise funds and awareness for 170 member children’s hospitals.

This project draws inspiration from the iconic Million Dollar Homepage and was originally created for the 2017 Product Hunt Global Hackathon.

Reviews

Discussion

You need to become a Contributor to join the discussion - Find out how.
Andrew Ettinger
Andrew EttingerMakerPro@andrewett · 👟 @wearAtoms // ex @Twitter @ProductHunt
For the last 6 months, @csaba_kissi and I have been working together on a few projects. Million People Homepage (MPH) was originally created and submitted for the Product Hunt Global Hackathon, where it was awarded Honorable Mention. MPH draws inspiration from @tewy's 2005 Million Dollar Homepage, where 1 million pixels were sold for $1 million, to fun Alex’s college education. Csaba and I decided to take on a modern day twist with a charitable component. Donations to MPH will be benefiting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, who raise funds and awareness for 170 member children’s hospitals. To be fully transparent, 80% of funds will be donated, using the remaining 20% to pay associated fees as well as supporting our ability to keep making projects like this. Children’s Miracle Network has a special place in my heart, after participating in Dance Marathon in college, so I’m really excited to leverage the awesome Product Hunt community to continue to raise money for pediatric cancer research and treatment. How it works: 1. Sign up 2. Donate 3. Use your custom referral link to refer people and move up the leaderboard! The more people you refer, the more money you’re responsible for having raised! Check your profile to see how much money your referrals have lead to. We’ve set a goal of $1 MILLION, but I think we can do better!