"I mean like, but anyway" - a five-word acceptance speech at the Webby Awards
What do Beyonce, Pokemon Go, Instagram, Lady Gaga, The Women's March, Airbnb, GIPHY and The New York Times all have in common? They're all Webby winners.
In honor of new tech related categories, we partnered up with the Webby Awards to tell you: your startup can win a Webby Award too!
Here's how it works:
1. Go to http://webbyawards.com 💻
2. Your startup might fit one of the Apps, Mobile and Voice categories 📱
3. Fill out the form, select what applies to you (Social, Games and Entertainment) 📋
4. Select featured categories to enter (This is the first year honors for Voice are included) 😉
5. Submit your application and hope the judges will choose you 🤞
The Webby Awards are judged by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. Members include Alexis Ohanian (Reddit), Biz Stone (Twitter), Emily Weiss (Glossier), DeRay McKesson (Pod Save the People), Opal Tometi (Black Lives Matter) and more.
The deadline to enter (for reduced pricing) is Friday December 14th.
ICYMI: Wordpress released 5.0 last week, the latest version of its platform that includes a new block editor dubbed “Gutenberg.” The new editor's features are largely centered around customizable content blocks, and is ultimately intended to help site owners better decide how content is displayed. 🙌
“For realz, this new release is about "bringing sexy back" to WordPress.” - Adam