About LootMarket.comLootMarket.com launched 1 product on Product Hunt
Job descriptionLoot Market needs a leader for our front end dev team in building our next product with React or Vue. We’re looking for a mix of great coding practices, communication and organization. We work collaboratively with design and development acting as a single cross-functional team. Every member of our team is encouraged to participate in the business in whatever way makes sense including design reviews, code reviews and even business/strategy decisions.
## The Role
You’ll work with our two existing front end developers, working mostly on a new eSports product we’re developing that will be built using React/Vue and Laravel. Your job will be to help design approaches for how features will be implemented, share your knowledge of implementing React/Vue applications and continue to build on our collaborative process. We move very quickly. If we notice something wrong, we share what we've found, and figure out a plan to solve it immediately. The pace is fast, but it means your voice will be heard and valued.
## Must Have
• Strong knowledge of and experience with React/Vue (2 or more substantive projects successfully completed)
• Skills to organize and prioritize work for yourself and your team based on inputs
• Ability to delegate, mentor and inspire a team
• At least five years of solid front-end development experience
• Located in Toronto and able to work downtown (Dundas & Spadina area)
## Should Have
• Some experience leading a team, though if you’re the right person and you’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself we’re open to it
• Familiarity with PHP
• <3 for Video Games
• Experience with modern development practices
• Flexible vacation/personal days (minimum 2 weeks)
• Downtown location
• Casual dress code
• Dog friendly office (currently zero dogs)
• Adjustable standing desks & fancy chairs
• Monthly video game stipend
• Occasionally work from home
• Full kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
• Free TTC pass
• Employee Equity Plan
You'll be working with a creative, dedicated group of people and have a real chance to make yourself and us even better. We encourage applications from people of colour, women, non-binary, queer candidates, those with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrants, transgender people, and those living with disabilities.
If you've got what we're looking for, get back to us with some links to projects that you're proud of! We like passionate people who pursue the things they love, so show us what you can do.