About BlinkistBlinkist launched 1 product on Product Hunt
Job descriptionThis ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
*Why do we need you?*
Blinkist.com is one of the key touch-points for people to learn about Blinkist and remains the way many of our customers enjoy our content. And with the launch of Blinkist Magazine and Simplify podcast, we’re excited about showcasing smart, concise content. We believe that with the right designer on board, we can improve our web products and inspire even more curious people.
*About the team*
The purpose of the Growth Development team is to enable growth initiatives with design, engineering, and data. Our development cycle is as follows: we build lean solutions, we measure user behavior, we learn from it and then iterate.
- Designed & shipped Blinkist Magazine from the ground up. It is now visited by more than a million people around the globe every month.
- Introduced Blinkist Design System on both design and code level to make sure we’re focusing on real problems and not adjusting line-heights & paddings
- Introduced a process for AB-testing on our Website & Magazine: from ideation to user insights, we’re constantly shipping new tests to improve our UX
*What you’ll do:*
- Take the lead on designing miscellaneous web projects varying from crafting new landing pages to improving our existing web product
- Introduce thoughtful and consistent design patterns and help to make the design system more robust
- Work collaboratively alongside developers, product managers, the design team and stakeholders (as required) on various web projects
- Communicate your design vision clearly in the form of high-fidelity compositions, wireframes/prototypes and/or user flows as needed
- Drive product and design vision by actively contributing your ideas
- Be an active member of the design team — offering constructive critique at design reviews and contributing to the design culture within the wider Blinkist company
*What we believe will help you excel in this role:*
- 3+ years of Web/Digital Product Design experience, ideally in-house
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design skills
- Evidence of your ability to create complex design systems
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams with developers and product managers
- The ability to accept and resolve feedback graciously
- Keen eye for detail: striving for delivering perfect experience and ensuring it looks and works as planned
- Being comfortable with taking the lead on your own design projects and work in a self-sufficient way — from beginning to end and iterating again — and have an established workflow that makes it possible
- Articulating your design decisions and explaining your ideas clearly
- User-centered approach
- No ego and plenty of enthusiasm
- [Bonus] Experience with designing beautiful and useful web interactions
- [Bonus] Experience with creating design systems in Sketch
- [Bonus] Experience with user research
*What’s in it for you?*
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Web Product Designer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
*Important note: please share your portfolio with your application.*
APPLY HERE: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/blinkistcom/view/P_AAAAAADAAADN367aK2DHvb?trackingTag=angelList