Your week before the launch Vs your week after the launch - Tell us how both the weeks were... 😁

Kapil Gadhire
10 replies

Replies

Week before launch: Nervous and hectic. We had a really tight deadline of 2 weeks to piece together a PH Launch that would garner enough upvotes and comments to hopefully get into that famed top 5. We were quickly trying to contact people, joining groups, and following any online advice we could find (making checklists seems to be a habit!). Week after launch: Relief! While we didn't get into that top 5, we knew that whenever we'd do a launch we'd have a great game plan. We learnt that maintaining upvotes throughout the 24h period was crucial as you'll drop without that continual stream and activity. On top of that, we established relationships with different creators which is a great benefit.
Galia
@maxine_buchert Thank you Maxine for sharing we are in the pre-launch stage and going through the same cycle, We'll definitely take into account your advice, is there anything else that you wish you'd do differently?
Kapil Gadhire
@maxine_buchert wow! You are quite a story teller! I have been doing more or less all the activities that you mentioned, and I have realised the kind of creator network that is getting build in the process is of tremendous value. I will of course be sad if we don't make it to the top 5 given the hard-work team has put in building such a huge enterprise grade SaaS product but I will be fine with the valuable network that I will have by then. And also everyone puts in hardwork, so whoever gets in the top 5 is well deserved. :)
@galia1999 I think I would've dedicated more time towards finding ways of maintaining upvote activity throughout the day. We had enough to stay high up on the featured page, but we started dropping downwards once the continual stream stopped. I think it would be worth trying to get as much feedback (and support) as possible at the beginning of the day as you can to get into the top 5, and naturally throughout that 24h period more people would interact with your post.
Oli
@maxine_buchert @kapilgadhire - Remove this pressure who are on your shoulders... we can't be all in the top five! Choosing the right day for launch can change everything, for exemple, Apple will have a Keynote the 8 march maybe they will come with 5 updates and news products and someone will hunt them here, like the last iPhone. This day you will out of the top five... So you your app suck? NO... Just the wrong day launch here!
@kapilgadhire @oli_vbc totally! Online sources say that Monday is for big companies, Tuesday is the best, etc. We followed that advice, launched on Tuesday with all the other people that also thought Tuesday was best :D There ended up being understandably a lot of other people following that same advice, so just take advice with a grain of salt and before your launch look at what kinds of products perform best on what days (and how many comments/upvotes they get)
Galia
We are in pre-launch stage and it is fun and challenging. At first it may seem that there isn't many things to do just a description and some video/photo content, DON'T FALL for that, it takes team work and attention to details to have a cohesive campaign. I will update on the "after" part. Wish us luck ^^
Kapil Gadhire
@galia1999 Oh! Tell me about it! :D It's a big campaign in itself! But I am liking it. Once the launch gets over I guess Im going to get the same feeling that I get after my fav show's season gets over and I have nothing to watch :D
Galia
@kapilgadhire Haha so true tho it's stretching and growing, I also noticed how closer our team became when we started working on the campaign and how laser focused all of us are I'll also crave this feeling once our campaign is over,
Andrew C.
Well I haven't launched yet... But man the time before the launch is killing me... The anticipation and wait is just to much at time... Haha