You can only get startup advice from one person - who is it?

Tyler Dane
12 replies
Everyone has an opinion on how to build a startup, especially those who haven't done it well. I want to know the one person who you trust the most on the topic.

Replies

David J. Kim
Musk because of the variety of companies he's built. Tesla is way different from Paypal for example.
Tyler Dane
@between_team True! Would love to hear what mental models he has that cross over
KimSuyeon
I think the most important thing is the stories of people working in the same job!
Tyler Dane
@kimsuyeon agreed! A lot of the generic advice doesn't translate well to other industries
Ruben Wolff
I have a few quite successful entrepreneur friends. While their products can be very different from mine (corepo.org), their advice is always welcomed :) Honestly for people who'd be tempted of answering someone like Musk (as I've seen in interviews), I don't think taking advice from billionaires is a good idea, as you can't compare their situation with yours
Tyler Dane
@rubenwolff Jealous about the successful entrepreneur friends! Good point. Another tricky thing about copying the giants like Musk is that their approaches have evolved a lot since their startup days. What he's done now might not have worked during his early days
Jaskiran Kaur
There are so many people. I wish I could take advice from Steve Jobs
Tyler Dane
@jaskiran_kaur It'd be interesting to see his take on Apple now and how things have changed
Jaskiran Kaur
I think Jeff Bezos will be great to get advice. Amazon has become so popular across the globe. Great Marketing strategies too.