Worst thing when you do an online course?

Tasos Valtinos
4 replies
Most of us spent a bit more time doing online courses since Covid hit. What do you hate the most when you do an online course?

Replies

Janet Gee
I have found that my issue was keeping engaged. I LOVE making notes, but i also like keeping my notes tidy and if possible colour ordinated... which I know is silly but it helps me take the information in if i really take my time with it as opposed to just scribbling things as i go. So my issue was, if im watching an online lecture I wouldn't be able to keep up with the fancy notes so i would just become disengaged. The most recent course I did was with the College of Contract Management, and they had both live and interactive lectures, but also recorded lectures too. So I would attend the live one and use it as an opportunity to ask questions etc. Then I would watch the recorded one and use that to make notes as I could pause when I need to.
David J. Kim
How hard it is to pay attention vs a an in person course. It's a lot less engaging imo.
Tasos Valtinos
@between_team Hey David. Thanks for the reply. I agree :) How do you make sure that you keep paying attention and remain engaged?
Mahak from Outgrow
I like the online courses but most of the time I forget to watch videos or either not paying that much attention to the instructor. It's a bit boring sometimes and managing it daily is really hard sometimes. Sometimes I feel like I don't get that much knowledge that should be necessary for the skill. Without practising on my own or lack of instructor's help are too big problems in online courses.