Working on weekends?

Mutlu Sakar
11 replies
I am a big advocate of 2 full day holiday (or at least don't do work related stuff). Only 1 day freedom doesn't let my mind to get recover. But real life forces us to make excuses :( Many makers here working on weekends as far as i can observe. Do you think it is sustainable, sincerely?

Replies

Zee A
It works as long as you find the right balance between going out and getting fresh air and then back to the computer. It's much more fun when you have a co-founder with similar interests :)
Kirill Sokol
Weekends are a great time to work in peace when you are not distracted by clients and colleagues )
Anton von Hunerbein
What is sustainable? Is it forever and ever? I don't think i can go 7 days a week, but i am not sure that i can do anything forever and ever. I can work 6.5 days a week for a month and then I change the routine. I always try to make my days fun and include some variety.
It's important to prioritize rest to maintain productivity. Everyone's situation is unique but finding a balance that allows for both rest and meeting responsibilities is important. I try to not work on weekends but sometimes I have to log in for few hours.
Morgan Kung
I don't do work on weekends unless it's an absolute emergency. I like to keep my work and personal life separate and spend more quality time with my loved ones. Maybe it's because I'm getting up there in age, I used to be all about working non-stop on weekends and feeling super accomplished.