Working & learning personal lessons

Misha Krunic
6 replies
Hello PH community! Most of us (if not everyone) are working on a project (or multiple ones) right now. As we work, we learn a lot about the subject matter we are working on. For example, if you're a developer, you may discover a new way to solve a problem, or if you're a marketer you may discover a new efficient way to engage with your audience. I know this is a rough generalization, but I think you get my point. However, what I'm interested in is another thing - what have you learned about yourself when working on something? Let me start - among many other things, I've discovered that multitasking is much harder than I've initially thought. As the number of projects I'm working on increases, so does the need to organize myself better. And even though I did improve in multitasking overtime by simply working on these projects, I'm starting to see the need to work on it consciously. What about you?

Replies

Hussain Effendi
While working on a few projects and side projects I have come to realize how important it is to network and learn. With time and experience I have realised that I have neglected self-learning and in some way or the other that always come back to bite you. But then I tell myself, it's never too late! ;)
Daria
My lesson is a positive experience. I started working as a marketer at a startup this year. Before that, I always thought that I was absolutely not a creative person. However, many tasks appeared that required an innovative approach. And I can say that I am gradually developing my creativity. Thus, it is necessary to try something new. Any skills can be developed if you want to.
Hussain Effendi
@daryakhmetova That is indeed so true and relatable. At the end of the day its all about self-development :)
Launching soon!
My lesson is to become as self-disciplined as possible. I believe that motivation can only help you get out of the door, the rest of the on-foot journey is determined by your discipline.
Jonathan Massabni
I've come to this realization recently. I can't think or focus on more than one project at once. When working with a team at my 9 to 5 job or on a project, I need to completely forget about the other projects, and vice versa. Same for skills, one skill honing at a time. Prioritizing will often go faster than rushing it
Nick Bess
It so happened that I worked in different positions and tried myself in various spheres. I think, three main lessons I learned are: 1. The people and the job are equally important. No matter how much you focus on your job, it is essential to realize everyone’s contribution is important, and to work as part of a team. I understood it when I was working with the guys from https://letsgradeit.com/review/p... who made me understand that people you work with play a great role. 2. Listen. It is important to be open to what people have to say. Also, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. Always ask for advice. 3. Proactively meet challenges. Well, challenges come in all shapes and sizes, and it is better to meet those challenges proactively. Work hard, ask for help when you need it, think strategically.