Working from Home

Charlene Mulley
13 replies
I have found that working from home makes me more productive than working from the office. It might be that Hour or so that I save for the commute but generally more productive. I even manage to squeeze in a yoga session in the morning before work. What's your WFH experience?

Replies

Vincent Roush
I agree, working from home makes me more productive rather than working in an office. You are away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You have a more comfortable workspace, and you can focus on what you're doing.
Murray Nema
I could do this forever!
Terence Lesha
It is not turning out as great as I would have hoped it would. First of all, my kids can't stay away from my newly built home corner office and they always find a way to get me distracted. Productivity is on a low right now but I hope things will get better when I send them to their granny's . Lol!
ali ata
Hi dear Charlene, I look at a lot of screens, the time I spend for my family has become too short :(
Tasnuva Ashraf Umama
Since most of my work is based on video-editing, brainstorming, and are really tech related, I end up loving doing WFH
Paul Hart
I've been a freelancer since 2013 so this normal has been normal for a bit... albeit last year was quite abnormal. Pandemic WFH isn't the same.
soylakate
I love working from home too, it contributes to my productivity for sure. While working I have to use TMetric, a time tracker. It logs not only time but also activity and then illustrates it in the activity bars. So, what I've noticed is that the bars are higher when I work from home. I'm more productive, focused and organized at home since I feel comfortable and I can take a break whenever I want or feel tired. It was the opposite when I worked in the office, my productivity bars were low and I didn't take a break to have the tasks done sooner and to leave sooner...
Sasha S
Missing the office vibe lately
Prateek Mathur
I love it and never want to go back to an office. Time is money.
Elen Udovichenko
I've been working remotely since 2017 and loved every minute of it 🙌 (even the evenings and weekends when I failed to unplug and kept working instead).
Mrinalini Rabindranath
Has its own pros and cons but I'm not complaining about the afternoon naps I get to take during lunch hours!
John McD
I would not go back to office if there's another option. I can't see any meaning of staying in office if we can complete the job using some remote work support software (AweSun remote desktop, Zoom etc)