Workin During Holidays?

Rachel Levitz
13 replies
Hi PH, I was wondering if most people still take off two weeks during the holidays or they continue working from home during this time? I'm curious to see how this is changing with most people working from home anyway, and a changing life/work balance. Thanks all!

Replies

Anna Mandziuk πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
I don't really take days off during the holidays season, maybe 1-2, because my family members have their birthdays just before NY. Otherwise, for me, the government holidays are enough :)
Maciej Cupial
I work non-stop - bootstrapping is hard :)
Rachel Levitz
@maciej_cupial sure is! What are you currently working on?
Maciej Cupial
@rachel_levitz https://calendesk.com/ - an ultimate online booking system. This monster takes all my energy at the moment :) But back to your question, to be serious, I don't forget about holidays, the balance is very important, the problem is that if your business is not fully automated and you are responsible for it, you can't just switch off completely.
Rachel Levitz
@maciej_cupial sounds so cool! Are you launching on PH?
Dimitris Karavias
I'd get physically ill if I was separated from my company for 2 weeks right now, it would feel like abandoning a baby
Actually on a 4 week holiday now - only really posting a little here and there - closed off the work before I left
Miriam Levitz
I take the whole two weeks! Gotta take the time off
Shushanik Shahbazyan
We are at home for 3 days this NY holidays and it's really enough for me because my mind always thinks about my startup. I can't stay at home without work.))
Rachel Levitz
@shushanik_shahbazyan hope you enjoy those 3 days! What's your startup?
Stav Zelnik
I take the whole time off!