Will AI stifle creativity?

David Gradon
12 replies
As a marketer, writing copy and brainstorming are some of the best opportunities to be creative and express yourself. As we increasingly use AI to help support with tasks such as this, are we at risk of losing some of our creative spark, our own unique voice and limit our own development in this area?

Replies

Mirena Vasileva
I think it won't. I have been using AI to generate ideas but then analysing what is missing from them and how I can ask better prompts to get better answers. I then use this information as my knowledge base and use my brain and creativity to build on top of it. Creativity is required for original and interesting projects that a human brain developed. AI can only 'kill' creativity for simple tasks but was that much creativity in the first place? Or ability to access information
Ashrey Ignise R
I certainly think so David. It is too easy to not have to brainstorm anymore when it comes to generating content that engages audiences. I believe that for a majority, this will be the case. However, I also see a tremendous opportunity for people that can adapt to this change, and create highly personable content from their own experiences by using AI solely to speed up the writing process. Such creators will be able to create an authentic voice in the age of AI and produce more original content than ever before.
David Gradon
@aignise completely agree - both for the success of the marketing efforts and betterment of the marketer - think it’ll definitely be important for creators to use AI to support the creative process, rather than lead it
Krishna Kumar
Depends. AI is a tool. And a tool is exactly as good as you use it. If you use AI to do everything for you, it will stifle creativity and originality. If you use it as the base to work on, the scenario could be completely different
Hello_Joy
Great question! I've often wondered whether AI could pose a threat to human creativity. But you know, that AI can only create content such as images, drawings, and writings based on specific inputs. So... I believe that AI should be regarded as a tool to enhance human creativity, rather than a replacement for it!
Anton von Hunerbein
@joy_eom What would happen if it can generate those specific inputs?
Hello_Joy
@anton_von_hunerbein oh wow....well..let me think...Then I'm not sure. If AI could generate such inputs by itself, what types of work would be left that only humans could do...? it feels kinda fear!
Anton von Hunerbein
@joy_eom This is the part that scares me. I have a couple of scripts that generate some inputs and it keeps me up at night :).
Jordan Shlosberg
Did we lose creativity when we started designing on computers instead of paper?
Stephen
On the contrary. I just spent the entire flight on MidJourney (yes I am drawing online over the north pole!) developing visual mock ups of physical hardware that we use to deliver our software to end users. I cannot draw to save my life, but using the creative tools now at my disposal I can share beautifully rendered decks and concept drawings. The same artwork is being used for pre-sales and product design. It is creative MAGIC!
AI is very helpful for marketers, but relying too heavily on AI could lead to a loss of creativity and unique voice. There should be a balance :)