Why you're not interested in Podcast?

Tsz Hoi Lee
9 replies
Hey everyone, Lee from Jupitrr here. Jupitrr currently exploring the podcast space where I'm well aware that not everyone listens to podcasts. Would love to learn more about what you guys think! Vote or leave me a comment!

Replies

Bogomil Shopov - Бого
I'll go first: - It's too hard to discover good episode/series (I am using spotify) - It's too causal sometimes, not efficient for learning - it's too general - most of the time covers something I know even if the title says something completely different :) But if I find a good quality podcast I stick to it :)
Anu Varila
@bogomep I agree with these three points. It’s also hard for me to focus on listening unless they go straight to the point I´m listening the podcast for.
Tsz Hoi Lee
@bogomep Great insights! Being too general is something I didn't think of. Do you think there are too many duplications on the same topic?
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
@tszhoi_19 oh yes, especially arround Agile and Security :)
Discovery is a real problem for me - most of the Podcast I find are through Podcasters guest Podcasting
Tsz Hoi Lee
@maxwellcdavis that's a very popular feedback I've been hearing.
Fabian Maume
My reading speed is far higher than the comfortable speed to listen to a podcast.
Daria
Reading is just so much more convenient for me. It is difficult for me to perceive information by listening, while reading is fast and effective.
Michelle Sanchez
Hey Lee, thanks for reaching out! While podcasts have gained popularity, it's true that not everyone listens to them. To cater to a wider audience, consider providing alternative formats like transcriptions or summarized highlights for those who prefer reading or time-constrained individuals.