Why will working from home stick?

Divya
34 replies

Replies

Jyo Boral
I would love a WFA. Work-From-Anywhere. Obviously this is very idealistic, but if we put in the thinking and design to make it feasible, it could be really interesting to see how it pans out.
Divya
@jyo_boral Yeah, this would be an amazing. I so wish too XD
Arnold Hendricks
Because companies have realised they can actually adapt and function with majority of their workforce working from home. Employees are happier and they get to save on office space.
Evan Stewart
I think it will, but the big question is culture; will the culture of the company culture be able to stay intact if you have centralized decentralization (think tech stacks) as the only connection points of a remote team. I believe there is a significant culture decline in fully remote teams, which is why a combination of in-house and remote will probably be the standard for a lot of companies who care deeply about their culture.
Divya
@evst I agree, culture has to also stay!!
Mayank Gupta
Cause home is comfort, companies saving money on office expenses, you are closer to your family and you can setup your office how ever you want according to your productivity.
Divya
@mayank_gupta11 I agree, but a lot of people also miss going to the office. I believe the whole environment is going to be more flexible now.
Hwei Oh
Let's hope so! Definitely support having more flexibility. I've worked remotely for years and manage to balance the work | life part without getting too distracted. Other people I know find it really hard working remotely - they enjoy the commute into work and physical human interaction an office environment provides. I'm sure there's a lot of psychology behind it with many factors at play including productivity, collaboration, culture and cost!
aujlaa karan
I've worked remotely for years and manage to balance the work | life part without getting too distracted. Other people I know find it really hard working remotely - they enjoy the commute into work and physical human interaction an office environment provides. https://get-mobdro.com/home
Divya
@aujlaakaran0 Yeah, its a whole set of people with different mindsets XD
Uku Kudu
Save time and have more control
Divya
@uku_kudu hmm, I think save time comes when people are working from home.
Uku Kudu
@divyamundhra Yes. Especially when you are living in a big city.
Richard Fang
I went back into the office recently for a meeting and realised how much time I wasted getting to and from as well as countless chit chat inbetween with people from the team. That's when I realised working from home has made me so much more productivity.
Divya
@richardfliu Oh definitely! But I think we also long for the office culture and the atmosphere out there. I think WFA- Work from anywhwere is a great idea too XD
Oleksandra Zubal
It's a win-win for companies and employees. However, i do think we will end up with more of a hybrid approach: 30% from office and 70% from home
Uku Kudu
Because you can work online and get things done
Emuobosa Onerhime
Working from home has been like a kid in the dark. When COVID-19 struck, we all needed to turn on camp fires and then we found him. He has been there all along but now we know he is all we need to stay connected no matter what.
Divya
@bosaonline Hey! that's a great example :)
soylakate
I do hope it will! Because I like working from home myself and even don't want to get back to the office :) Our company shifted us to remote work in March 2020, and it's been more than a year now of remote work and all still functions and works perfectly, and I agree that the people are much happier and when it comes to me I'm even more productive while WFH. Besides, thanks to a wide selection of digital tools for easy remote work (TMetric, JIRA, Trello, Asana, Toggl) top management can keep track and monitor our time and productivity.
Divya
@soylakate Yes, definitely. its easier!
Arko Ganguli
Because of economics. In an hybrid model, the companies can keep their culture in tact and save on commercial real estate cost.
Divya
@arko_ganguli1 It's a win win situation for both, yes!
John McD
I would not go back to office if there's another option. I can't see the meaning of staying in office if we can complete the job using some remote work support software (AweSun remote desktop, Zoom etc)
Divya
@john_mcd hah, your bio promotes remote work itself XD
Sandro G
I've been working remotely for a while now with no issues and think it's great, however it really depends on circumstances, such as whether you have an adequate personal working space, any distractions in your home, etc.