Why is your environment such a vital influence on your creativity?

Shivam Ramphal
4 replies
Are you as creative now as you were when you were a child? For many people, the answer is no. As we move into adulthood, we are often conditioned to be more serious and to conform to the norms of society. We lose some of the freedom and playfulness that inspired our wacky kid ideas. At the same time, our jobs seem to demand more and more new ideas, creativity, and innovative thinking. What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

Mayank Gupta
My work environment instantly changes my mood and helps me focus more. See lying on the bed and working makes us lazy, cause our body is used to sleeping and being lazy in bed. So when I setup a proper place where I get up and sit to work, that just switches my mood into work mode and things become easy.
Varsha Anil
Working around open minded people is important to get your creative mind working. It's important that everyone listens with an open mind and let's the person speaking finish their though process before they can give feedback or constructive criticism.
Shivam Ramphal
@varshaanil Well said, and I agree with your statement. Having people to bounce ideas with and people strive for growth.
RASHI JAIN
Your environment has a direct impact on your mind which hampers or enhances creativity of a person...So when you see a lot of objects in your environment, your eye tend to lose its focus and it directly effects your performance or the work you are doing.