Why are you doing this?

Hugo P.
14 replies
I saw a PH thread asking if it was "worth it" to be a maker, or at least to dedicate a lot of time and energy to projects like ours. I think the right question here might be: "Why are we doing this?" "What keeps us woke up at 3:00 AM?" To me, I would say the hunger to learn and discover. Even if it may sound a little naive ๐Ÿ˜‚ Of course, potential earnings (=๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ) is another motivation, but it's not my #1! What about you guys? Curious to have your feelings about it ๐Ÿค”

Replies

Daryll Wong
I'm not a PH maker yet (I do wish to be one soon), but what you said here kind of resonates with me. For context, I'm currently a undergrad and I was previously quite divided, focused on many things (SE, data science, etc) and frankly quite lost in what I really wanted to do. But one thing stuck with me: I realise I am passionate with products. "What keeps me awake at 3am" is me looking and discovering new products and incepting my own, even when I should be studying for exams. Today, I find myself spending time on PH everyday. And to the previous statement I made, now as a student, I decided to focus on "products", whatever that means (I'm not too sure as well but I'm no longer too concerned with what I should be doing, but rather, what I want to do). ๐Ÿ˜€
Hugo P.
@daryllman Passion is clearly an essential point in all of thisโ€ฆ Hope you will succeed in this path ๐Ÿ’ช
Amit Tank
When you love what you do, be it 3:00 4:00 or any time at least you arent doing something that you hate.
Al
My life's mission statement: Build software to help others with skill acquisition and maximize their human potential in body and mind. This is why I'm still awake 0301.
David Tran
I have 3 failed startups and I learn and grow after each failure. It's not just about making money. I love to learn and discover my limit ๐Ÿ™Œ. The reason I am here is I want to connect with like-mind people! ๐Ÿค
Nerijus
The best way to learn something new, explore and try new technologies is to start new startup. Also I am happy when someone is using my product and when I see that it helps for others. This is why I started my project https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Gnana
Just seeing the gap in the market, and you can't resist the urge to exploit. And you wonder what is on the other side of the urge, and you want to know that desperately โ€” no matter the cost. Here is what we saw and run with our MVP With the frenzy around @joinClubhouse and @zoom_us to transition our communication to other mediums, the text becomes an underrated medium of communication. This switching of tools means an opportunity to exploit with text, and that's what we are doing with @youremarks. We are experimenting with a social app that leverages our actual working of minds. Our app is called @youremarks โ€” we are solving issues inherent with text-based communication. To make it exciting and rewarding to the users, we have combined the goodness of @twitter and @hqtrivia and added more elements to achieve our objective. We are going live this week, Feb 18th, 2021. I want to invite you guys all to explore what we have to offer and share your feedback.
Richard Shepherd
Is frustration allowed? frustration with existing solutions not serving our needs well and so we made something that does but to make it viable we need to find other people that feel the same way. Is that an acceptable answer to why?
Hugo P.
@richardesigns It is aha! I can only imagine the relief to create a solution to a common pain, that you encounter everyday!
LeylaKortney
I am here for communication, as communication with other people is an important part of life. I was just studying the topic of social issues. With the help of a useful source https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay... I analyzed myself and my surroundings and wrote a paperwork that I published in the college newspaper and found many new acquaintances who responded to my article. I am very sociable and it is important for me to share my feelings and thoughts with someone. I hope I'm not alone.
Hugo P.
@leyla_kortney No you're not :) Human being is social by nature, and that's why communication is key!
Benoit Chambon
Afraid to die, want to leave my mark on Earth (*"therapy" mode*)... Crap, we'll soon be on Mars, my mark won't worth anymore (thanks Elon).