Which products have the best user onboarding process?

Can
9 replies
I see that Basecamp, Airtable and Notion have really good user onboarding processes. It is really easy to start using their products. What other successful examples do you see? (Especially for complex products)

Replies

Vipassana
If you are using Microsoft Teams check out AnnounceBot (https://announcebot.in/)- Your Microsoft Teams bot to welcome new team members and wish them their birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions.
Vaibhav Dwivedi
Started using Notion after being a big time user of Evernote. I am still astounded by the lesser friction it took for me to switch, even though I was super hesitant.
imessageapp
Onboarding needs to complete one, more, or all of the following tasks: Show users the key benefits of the product and how to achieve them. Show users the key functionality of the product and how to use it. Focus on getting users doing and using the product as quickly as possible. GoMedicare
Kazimieras Melaika
We're planning to have "onboarding sessions" users can register to have with our team to find the best and most valuable app use to them! We’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Sam DeBrule
Love Honey and Loom's onboarding flow. 1. Explains value prop quickly 2. Visual aids reminding you of what you signed up to experience 3. Easy and only asks for as much experience as they need to give a good experience and not more
Ramyar Jahani
Here are some examples : 1- GhostwriterAI – Onboard users 1 feature at a time 2- Grove HR – all the resources the user needs 3- Netflix – Intuitive and Strong CTA 4- Slack – Learn By Doing 5- DuoLingo – Gradual Engagement 6 - Go tot the DNAHRBlock.com
Ramli John
My favorite is Canva for several reasons: ∙ They segment their onboarding experience based on your goals. Selecting a template from thousands could take hours. But if you tell them you're a teacher or a small business owner, they should be the top most used templates for your goals, shortening the time-to-value. ∙ Their product tour is short and goals-driven. In four steps, they show you how to select a template, edit it, upload photos, and download it. ∙ Their upgrade prompts are contextual. So if you edit and download an Instagram image template, you'll be congratulated with a message "Try Canva Pro for free. It'll streamline your workflow and upload this post directly to Instagram."
flo merian
Hi Can! Love the question! When I had the opportunity to work on a user onboarding revamp, I started reviewing how great SaaS companies welcomed their users. I wanted to understand the reasoning behind every detail, pixels and words, that makes the experiences unparalleled. There are lessons we can learn from each review. I like how Slack updates its app UI as you walk through the flow. I love the smoothest experience of the passwordless Pitch onboarding flow. And there’s also one experience that I regularly refer to — the Linear onboarding experience. Enticing, educational, productive, with delightful UI details. For me, it was an instant WOW effect. Hope it helps!
Otavio Serra
Hello Can, hope to find you well. Please take a look at boostio.ai. I am happy to make a call and show you a demo and more details. Feedback is also welcome. Trying to build something useful here.